[SEASONAL EVENT][OPEN] Slim Pickings
OPEN
Seiji Okura
Musician

Age: 32 | Height: 5'7" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 2 - Strg: 10 - Dext: 25 - Endr: 12 - Luck: 10 - Int:
Played by: kae Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
S E I J I
Only a week! Seiji’s eyes grew wide as he digested this remark. How big would she get? he wondered. Though she was yet small, she seemed already to be so quick and clever. What would she be like when grown? He remembered stories about dragons, though he had little memory of where or why he had learned such stories. Only that those in his mind were large, and also — not exactly real the way Sugar was real.

Ronin’s quick explanation of the season prior to this one brought a faint smile back to Seiji’s features. “I’m glad,” he said. He might even dare look forward to something like spring! “I’ve never been this cold, I think.” He hadn’t the best equipment for such weather — his shoes and the bottoms of his trousers beginning to soak through where he stood in the snow. It might be best to consider returning to the settlement.

He continued gathering fruit anyway, though he was running out of space to keep it. The little pile of apples in the crook of his arm had grown, and proceeded to begin soaking his sleeve as the warmth of his body seeped into them. Stepping back, Seiji considered the tree, and then the fruit he held, as well. It hardly seemed enough to be worth all the trouble. He glanced over at Ronin.

“I remember nothing,” Seiji said with a shake of his head. His voice had gone low, almost wistful. As Ronin failed to elaborate, Seiji wondered if he came from a place like Nairi’s old home. Something dismal, something wrecked. Perhaps, then, Seiji, too, came from such a place? But he couldn’t believe it. He felt as though his home had been different. And the few memories he did possess, however fleeting, supported this. He had no desire to bring them up now he had heard Ronin’s response, though, so he merely added, “I try to every day. I don’t like… to not know.” A shadow had crossed his expression as he spoke, darkening the usually cheerful light of his eyes.

It did not last overlong. “I don’t think I can carry any more,” Seiji changed the subject, with a gesture to the pile of apples in his arms. He was also quite aware of the cold bearing in on him, trying to work its way under his clothes. He wondered if Ronin might want to accompany him back to the settlement, and continue their conversation, though he did not quite feel they were well enough acquainted to offer outright.
The rain is full
of ghosts tonight

Messages In This Thread
[SEASONAL EVENT][OPEN] Slim Pickings - by Ronin - 01-26-2019, 05:10 PM
RE: [SEASONAL EVENT][OPEN] Slim Pickings - by Seiji - 02-01-2019, 11:40 PM