we do everything right and still lose
Henry Walker
Advisor

Age: 32 | Height: 5'11" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 2 - Strg: 16 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 15 - Luck: 11 - Int:
Played by: Catalysta Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
HENRY

Aisha's hands may be calloused, may be battered by years of cutting edges and fierce battles, but they feel gentle now - and that's all that matters. His brows relax involuntarily at her touch and his chin shakes into her hands as she wipes his tears. He lets out an audible sob, grimacing. She manages to breach through whatever veneer of a wall he's been trying to hold up against her, gods know why.

He tries to stop crying, tries to be strong, tries to lean on her words and her comforting hands at his jaw, to get through this, but he just... can't. They're no longer quieted tears but muffled hiccups filled with emotion and regret and the thought of I can't do this.

"I should've stopped it, Aisha-" he argues stubbornly, "The Ascended- they didn't want outside help, they wanted us all to leave so they could fight! My parents- they wouldn't leave the farm- and-" now look at them. He shudders and pulls away to look away, because he can't bring himself to meet her eyes. "The last time I saw them, they were... they were so upset... that I wanted to leave. I had to, Aisha, but... I... I wish I died with them," he chokes through another sob, sounding and feeling absolutely wretched.
wherever you run, you see all you leave behind you
lies inside anyone you open

Messages In This Thread
we do everything right and still lose - by Henry - 03-02-2021, 01:04 AM
RE: we do everything right and still lose - by Henry - 04-01-2021, 09:24 AM