[split] [se] the ones who sing in the dead of night
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Age: 30 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 5 - Strg: 49 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 52 - Luck: 49 - Int:
JYOTI - Mythical - Starwhale (Humpback)
Played by: shark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2580
no amount of guilt can change the past && no amount of anxiety can change the future
He doesn't let her pull away, following her down with a sweet, genuine smile that makes Amalia's stomach clench, her heartbeat speeding in her chest. She turns back to him, pulled by his hand on hers, trying and failing to keep herself from looking up at his face. No, her mind screams, no, it doesn't matter, it can't matter---

But her lips are moving without her input, her voice escaping the thundering of her heart. "I dreamt that we were together," she whispers, so soft she can barely hear it through the pounding of blood in her ears. "That we- that I-"

And then the thing she's known but never said is roaring through her mind, beating a tattoo in her pulse, aching and longing to be free. And even though it's wrong for so many reasons, even though she knows it, even though she's so afraid it strangles her, she cannot hold it in.

"I loved you, Adam," Amalia whispers, dark eyes slick with tears as she looks up at this stupid, charming, undead rogue, who walked into her store one day and turned her whole life upsidedown. And she can feel her heart breaking like her voice, the fractures left behind by his death only made deeper by his return. "And I know it's wrong and that I'm too late and it, it can't ever mean anything, but I... I love you."
Amalia

Messages In This Thread
RE: [split] [se] the ones who sing in the dead of night - by Amalia - 03-18-2021, 11:46 AM