[split] [se] the ones who sing in the dead of night
Adam Pikely
Smuggler's Liaison

Age: 36 | Height: 6'3" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 17 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 17 - Luck: 12 - Int:
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
ADAM
it's not a cry for help,
it's just a cry for connection.
Adam, in a way, had been expecting her to say that they had been together in her dreams; he'd somehow thought it would be a joke though, something light-hearted. Immediately, from Amalia's tone, he knew it wasn't; terrifyingly, his reaction was to wish he could have had the same dreams. He opened his mouth to say as much when she said her next piece, taking what emotions were already there and heightening them twice as much.

It was, indeed, wrong for so many reasons. He was married, he was in love with someone else, he was on the other side of this stupid war now. Yet...there had been something he hadn't said to Pet, something he'd known before he'd died and back when Deimos was there, something he'd buried down and kept quiet and ignored because it had been convenient. That was what drove him now, his fingers reaching forward to stroke her hair, then despite everything, he began to lean closer.

"I know. I love you too, Ama." He said lowly, hoping that just for a minute all that separated them could leave them be, just long enough for one kiss pressed to her lips, his hand coming to cup her cheek. Gods, it was doomed, but surely all they'd been through to get there deserved a moment of relief and happiness?
i'd trade my life and health,
to make people pay attention.
I'd sacrifice myself for the
sake of entertainment.

Messages In This Thread
RE: [split] [se] the ones who sing in the dead of night - by Adam - 03-18-2021, 02:10 PM