Training fire and ice
Aurelia Murlow
the Fireheart

Age: 29 | Height: 5'7" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 4 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 21 - Int:
Played by: Catalysta Away
Change author:
MP: 630
Aurelia

Admittedly, as a sidenote, Aurelia's a little relieved not to be under the judgemental glare of Deimos' unicorn anymore. It was starting to get a little unnerving. At least now, out on the water, she can breathe. Really breathe, too, as she fans her magic.

His question startles her out of her focus and the flame at her fingertips dies. She grimaces down at the failed match before flicking it away. "Yes, well- I can't create it out of thin air..." she admits, glancing back at him with a quizzical look, "I didn't think that was possible."

So she's gotten into a habit of toying with the ability every now and then to light a cigarette or to stretch the life of a dying fire. She never knows when it will be an asset, either, like when she helped Sunjata to quell the flames that threatened to burn his house down. So she carries matchbooks everywhere now. It's grown on her since coming to terms with it. Much like everything else. But mastery is yet to manifest.

Deimos proves his, though, as his own flames come to life out of nothing, as if molded by his very own hands. A pool of burning energy to tap into whenever he pleases. Her jaw drops slightly, awed, envious, surprised. "How'd you...?" The question is lost on her lips, though.

She quickly snaps her mouth shut and, with a furrow of her brow, examines his techniques. He makes an impressive display of the flames as they dance and flicker, becoming bright lights against the river backdrop.

Another match summons another flame, and this time she'll try harder. Concentration and focus bring her eyes up towards the space above her head. Following the line of her gaze and an invisible path guided by her free hand, she pulls an arc of flame overhead. It swirls into the misty air. But she has no grandiose plans for it, can't think of any. The invisible tether snaps, the flames dissipate, and she blinks stupidly at the emptiness.

She lowers her gaze to stare across the water at him, at his own ambitious ability as it reflects against the surface of the water, creating a mesh of bright color. "I don't know what I want it to be..." Not imaginative enough or motivated enough to see use in her magic for anything else than destruction. "I mean, sure, I can light a fire to keep warm at or maybe put one out but... after that, it's... not much good for anything but burning shit down." She chuckles softly, but it's dark.
standing in the ashes of who I used to be

Messages In This Thread
fire and ice - by Aurelia - 03-08-2021, 06:11 AM
RE: fire and ice - by Deimos - 03-08-2021, 11:36 AM
RE: fire and ice - by Aurelia - 03-08-2021, 11:27 PM
RE: fire and ice - by Deimos - 03-09-2021, 12:37 AM
RE: fire and ice - by Aurelia - 03-10-2021, 04:06 PM
RE: fire and ice - by Deimos - 03-10-2021, 04:58 PM
RE: fire and ice - by Aurelia - 03-10-2021, 10:30 PM
RE: fire and ice - by Deimos - 03-11-2021, 12:00 AM
RE: fire and ice - by Aurelia - 03-11-2021, 02:17 AM
RE: fire and ice - by Deimos - 03-11-2021, 11:33 AM