back straight, chest out, just like a soldier
JUNIPERRRR <3
Juniper Dubois
the Amberwing
Diplomat

Age: 57 | Height: 4'8 | Race: Fae | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 3 - Strg: 13 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 12 - Luck: 15 - Int:
Played by: Bees Offline
Change author:
MP: 1749
JUNIPER
you think i'm happy because i'm smiling,
but it's the easiest thing to do
"You're always welcome here -- both in the Greatwood and at the embassy," Juniper said, smiling back. She thought she noticed a hesitation in Sunjata's smile, a moment of pain or doubt -- and she wouldn't be surprised if it were pain, given the new scar stretching across his face. Would now be the time to get to her true purpose in this meeting -- to ask after him, and his husband, inquire how they fared after everything she'd witnessed and all the things she hadn't?

But then he was talking again, on another subject, and the opportunity was lost. Probably for the best: they could keep the conversation light, for now.

"And I'm always willing to talk about my home. Is there anything in particular you'd like to know?" Juniper was happy to delay getting to the reason for their meeting for the moment. It wasn't urgent, after all, and this wasn't a time when she wanted something from Sunjata -- that meant something, in her mind. Better relations meant not only talking to outsiders when she needed something -- showing concern for them as people, not just assets.
if you looked a little closer,
you'd find my eyes aren't smiling too.

table by Skylark

Messages In This Thread
RE: back straight, chest out, just like a soldier - by Juniper - 03-18-2021, 04:45 PM