back straight, chest out, just like a soldier
JUNIPERRRR <3
Juniper Dubois
the Amberwing
Diplomat

Age: 57 | Height: 4'8 | Race: Fae | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 3 - Strg: 13 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 12 - Luck: 15 - Int:
Played by: Bees Offline
Change author:
MP: 1749
JUNIPER
you think i'm happy because i'm smiling,
but it's the easiest thing to do
Juniper wasn't sure "mixed bag" was an accurate description of the Greatwood -- she doubted a single Fae would side with the Voice when push came to shove, whatever peaceful thoughts or sympathies towards the Ascended they might have, however little they wanted war. Even Juniper herself. She might try to mitigate things, to avoid outright slaughter, but ultimately ... she had to fight for her people, didn't she?

But she didn't contradict Sunjata, instead nodding. "I wonder how Halo will react, too ... But the Warden did swear to defend the Greatwood."

She should speak to Morgan again, Juniper realized, now that tensions were rising. It was one thing to offer mutual defense during peace, another to affirm it as war loomed. Mentally, Juniper added that to her to-do list.

A trial ... Honestly, Juniper had almost lost sight of her original goal, with everything else going on. The fraught political climate seemed to make her idea more and more unrealistic. But she didn't think it was a bad idea, for all that. "I would hope that a trial would ... drive home to my people that not all of the Ascended are responsible for the sins of the Voice. And satisfy some of their desire for vengeance, to weaken the motivation for further violence. I doubt it would make my people much friendlier towards the Ascended -- we certainly wouldn't forget, and I don't know if even forgiveness is in the picture -- but I hope it would help prevent outright war."
if you looked a little closer,
you'd find my eyes aren't smiling too.

table by Skylark

Messages In This Thread
RE: back straight, chest out, just like a soldier - by Juniper - 04-01-2021, 04:21 PM