back straight, chest out, just like a soldier
JUNIPERRRR <3
Juniper Dubois
the Amberwing
Diplomat

Age: 57 | Height: 4'8 | Race: Fae | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 3 - Strg: 13 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 12 - Luck: 15 - Int:
Played by: Bees Offline
Change author:
MP: 1749
JUNIPER
you think i'm happy because i'm smiling,
but it's the easiest thing to do
Juniper nodded. A more calculating individual might refuse to hope for Torchline's neutrality in the hopes that it would join her own side, but Juniper would not wish war on an entire region of uninvolved strangers simply because it might benefit her people. She wouldn't even wish war on a region of involved strangers -- she didn't wish for war at all. "Well, we can only do so much. But I do wish you good fortune."

She didn't recognize the faith Sunjata was placing in her, his trust that she could handle whatever came without too much trouble, but she appreciated his willingness to help.

And then the conversation drew to a close: Juniper didn't have anything more to discuss, and had no reason to draw it out if Sunjata felt ready to leave. She had conceived this more to check on him than to talk about war, after all. With a smile, she said, "There's nothing else, but I would be happy to make sure you get to the portal all right."

- FIN
if you looked a little closer,
you'd find my eyes aren't smiling too.

table by Skylark

Messages In This Thread
RE: back straight, chest out, just like a soldier - by Juniper - 04-08-2021, 03:47 PM