[SE] I do not exist to silently agree
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Age: 37 | Height: 6'1" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 55 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 50 - Luck: 46 - Int: 1
PEMOTA - Mythical - Starwhale (narwhal) RAMOTH - Mythical - Dragon (Biopulse)
Played by: Johnnie Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Tell me how all this, and love too, will ruin us
"Ah." A grin slants in his fiery niece's direction, Nate's one eye sparkling with mischief instead of worry. "Sounds like it must know you well." Was this another bond he had to watch carefully, another avenue for pain, for betrayal? He picks a rock to step on carefully, making sure his footing was steady, and looked down along the stream, searching for a distraction, or something else so superficial and shiny.

Instead what comes is a question.

It's a question Nate has not been asked in some time, so it's a question he hasn't had to answer in a long time. One that he hasn't had to think about in even longer. What had once been a constant background simmering had faded to an ember that only sparked and sputtered in bits and bursts, only when something that he missed specifically came up. And even that was growing weaker and weaker, as reality began to replace nostalgia.

A hand lifts to brush his hair back, the moment of distraction used to compose his features into something pensive and serious. "Every day." The words drop like a personal admission of guilt, like his emotions are what he has to be ashamed of here. "There's nothing I can do to change it now though." He was in too deep, had no choice but to adapt, but to grow familiar, comfortable with what had once been a curse.
these, our bodies, possessed by light
Tell me we'll never get used to it
NATE

Messages In This Thread
[SE] I do not exist to silently agree - by Melita - 03-11-2021, 01:00 AM
RE: [SE] I do not exist to silently agree - by Nate - 04-05-2021, 04:21 AM