[SE] I do not exist to silently agree
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Age: 37 | Height: 6'1" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 55 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 50 - Luck: 46 - Int: 1
PEMOTA - Mythical - Starwhale (narwhal) RAMOTH - Mythical - Dragon (Biopulse)
Played by: Johnnie Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Tell me how all this, and love too, will ruin us
Maybe, she says, as if It doesn't. As if it's some mere passing fancy, a boy who might hold her hand for a week before his interest falls onto someone new. And that alone tells Nate that whatever connection she has to the herald is deep. Considering Ludo is the herald who holds the most contempt for the ascended, his own personal drama with Safrin notwithstanding, it doesn't put a good taste in Nate's mouth. In less than a day, his life has become so complex, grown into some tangled web of panic and paranoia.

Except thats not really true, is it? These roots are older than that. They've been allowed to grow deep and thick, ignored in the hopes that they would never see the light of day.

Nate wonders privately what exactly Melita means when she says someone like Wessex. Which parts exactly it is she's afraid of seeing in him. Wonders if maybe those pieces have already taken root, out of necessity, out of anger, and finds he'd much rather not give too much energy to those thoughts. "No." He answers solemnly, stopping on the shore and looking at his niece until she notices, until she meets his gaze. Only then does his stony face break into a grin, his head cocking. "I've got people like you to keep me in line still, don't I?" He can't grow twisted with watchful eyes lingering over him, at least not easily. He doesn't think about how often he's done things the hard way, and widens his smile just a touch, before glancing down into the water as something catches his eye.
these, our bodies, possessed by light
Tell me we'll never get used to it
NATE

Messages In This Thread
[SE] I do not exist to silently agree - by Melita - 03-11-2021, 01:00 AM
RE: [SE] I do not exist to silently agree - by Nate - 04-06-2021, 05:21 AM