[se] with a sense of poise and rationality
open
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith
General of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 47 | Height: 5'8'' | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 61 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 61 - Luck: 58 - Int: 2
LOKI - Mythical - Dragon (Energy Blast)
Played by: Astor Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
I write sins, not tragedies
And therein lies the rub, doesn’t it? All the powerful Attuned are embittered against the Ascended in their cause, and though the Sparkbird should be apolitical, they’re quickly drifting towards a time when anything that helps the Grounders (and therefore, Ascended) is seen as aiding the Voice.

Getting rid of a bird that can easily start fires? The very thing Ascended are vulnerable to?

She doubts that will be a favor Deimos - or Amalia - or even Remi, if he’s retained that power, will not readily agree to.

“Yeah, that might be the problem,” she replies with a sad sigh as they begin to come to the end of one side of the roof. “I could use an Attuned to help this unicorn herd that came in from the Wilds, too. But -” she shrugs, perhaps a tad more animated than usual. “Politics are everywhere these days.” Personally, she thinks helping Caido’s creature should be above politics, but what does she know?

“Well said, thanks.” In the best case scenario she can do both, but the world seems to be far from ‘best case scenario’ now. She’s about to say more when the sweet, unexpected sound of melodic buzzing drifts across the Ruins towards them, heralding a small, dark, fluctuating cloud. Wessex looks towards it, seemingly unperturbed at the reminder of Flowerbirth, and even manages to smile a little as the song drifts closer.

"I suppose my expectations of others are often... unrealistic," she confesses to the Halovian as she adjusts herself on the roof, careful to avoid falling into the giant empty space to one side of them.
WESSEX

Messages In This Thread
RE: with a sense of poise and rationality - by Wessex - 04-02-2021, 07:31 PM