[split] [se] I'm headed straight for the floor
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith
General of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 47 | Height: 5'8'' | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 61 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 61 - Luck: 58 - Int: 2
LOKI - Mythical - Dragon (Energy Blast)
Played by: Astor Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
we're all stories unfinished and we die to find some fitting words to write
Squeezing Hotaru’s hand to show that she appreciates the thought of her safety and is indeed well beyond lasting harm (far more than the woman might ever know), Wessex remains silent and lets the topic of her powers fall into silence. She’d much rather trade talking about herself for Ru’s story - and of course she’d been deliriously ill. Everyone who’d gone to the Climb had been. That everyone around her who might have done something to help was also suffering only made it worse.

Guilt rumbles up towards the surface, bubbling like the very magma they’d braved, as the Wraith listens and looks down every now and then, sinking her teeth into her lower lip to stop herself from apologizing profusely. One, though - one couldn’t hurt, could it? “I’m sorry,” she says quietly, leaving just what and all that she’s apologizing for up to interpretation.

Without the Voice’s cure - and without the Archway - it must have been an agonizing half a year or so. “Atlas deserves all the apples and carrots.” And whatever else it is that unicorns eat.

“Everything that’s been going on with Sunjata must be quite difficult.” And of course, she means the things with his father, the trial, and Nate being muzzled - as she isn’t privy to anything regarding Safrin or the intricacies of their threefold marriage if that’s even happened yet in this timeline and if it’s not disregard. She can’t imagine coming back to that kind of drama, that kind of being left out, that kind of… well, anything, of top of her own giant mountain of problems.

Tilting her head towards Ru, the Wraith seems to indicate that she’s open to talk about whatever, if she wants to. And if not, the Queen can idly fill the space before them. “I’m not sure everyone would call it a success, which… I don’t know, maybe I’ve got tunnel vision, but we did what we set out to do with minimal deaths on our side and yet… there’s this thick air of hostility. I don’t understand.” Shaking her head, for once, the Wraith is visibly at a loss of what to say or do or even think about the whole situation. There’s an obvious crack in her veneer, a fine but jagged thing that could be ignored, but like all cracks, if not tended to, will only get worse.
WESSEX

Messages In This Thread
RE: [split] [se] I'm headed straight for the floor - by Wessex - 03-28-2021, 06:53 PM