[split] [se] I'm headed straight for the floor
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith
General of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 47 | Height: 5'8'' | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 61 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 61 - Luck: 58 - Int: 2
LOKI - Mythical - Dragon (Energy Blast)
Played by: Astor Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
we're all stories unfinished and we die to find some fitting words to write
Whaaat? Incredulous is the only way to describe her initial reaction. Then anger and dread and a deep, searing sense of I knew it runs rampant through her gut while Wessex still tries to wrap her head around the rapid turn of events Hotaru’s telling her. And part of her indignation is about Sunjata and Safrin, but the bigger part of it is about Hotaru, about what it means to promise children to a woman who wants them, and then to yank that away from her, callous and unconscientious, all thanks to be star-swept by a goddess’s cunt.

She finally understands why the Voice removed the ability to rise to the occasion.

Because Safrin and Frey used sex to gain followers - and if you can’t feel that kind of desire, you can’t make stupid, stupid choices. And then there’s some dark, sickening satisfaction of knowing she was right - that Sunjata wasn’t actually on her team. Not on Nate’s team. Not even on Hotaru’s team.

Wessex stops abruptly as she hears Hotaru has left both them, a great and heavy sorrow rising in her throat for the smaller woman. She doesn’t want to see the Outlander in pain. She doesn’t want to see the light driven out of her eyes, empty and mechanical, and nothing like the warm burst of energy she’s come to adore. “I’m sorry,” she says, looking at Ru with all the empathy she can muster. “I’m so sorry. You are not nothing, you were never nothing. You are…”

Humming in the back of her throat, the Wraith looks at the other blonde with a soft smile. “You are fierce, a spark of lightning made flesh. And you are loving, giving them far more than they deserve, more loyal than many here have known. They took you for granted. And I, for one, think you would be a far better mother than Safrin.”

Pausing, she archers her brow ever so slightly. “I have a lot of names I can call her, if you’re interested.”

Her own problems… they can wait. What are a few insecurities compared to the loss of a husband? Husbands.
WESSEX

Messages In This Thread
RE: [split] [se] I'm headed straight for the floor - by Wessex - 04-02-2021, 12:40 AM