crave the applause yet hate the attention
Maeveeeee
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Age: 27 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 10 - Strg: 35 - Dext: 37 - Endr: 43 - Luck: 37 - Int: 1
AIDON - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Artio Offline
Change author:
MP: 877
Maeve

The story earns him a smile. Albeit a faint one that struggles to reach her eyes. Why is it so hard to be happy when she's alone? She isn't alone now, of course. Except she doesn't know this man. Not outside of the rumors and gossip. The accusations that flowed with his name so freely only weeks ago. Not that she kept up with it all that much because she didn't. Nothing more than she needed to. She might as well be alone. Maybe. She doesn't know anymore.

Her name on his lips makes her look up, the green of her irises almost washes silver with the pale moonlight that filters into the cathedral. He looks at her and she knows he understands. It's a relief to not have to explain herself further. There is an unspoken understanding and she's grateful for it. Clings to it. His words are a surprise and she feels her shoulders stiffen for a moment as he approaches. She forces them to relax as he continues.

She doesn't mean to snort. Truly. Except she does and an almost bitter laugh pushes past her lips. "I'm sorry. I'm not laughing at you. I just- You have no idea the adventures I've been on recently. I-" Maeve cuts herself off, cheeks flushing a pretty shade of pink as she meets his gaze again, "I don't think I'm made for it really. Everyone here seems so... eager to prove themselves. To fight in a war or align themselves with the gods or gain power. None of my wants are so grand. Sometimes it feels like I'm not supposed to be here."

Her words come out in a rush and it isn't until the silence, aside from the little sounds that come from Haai, settles between them that she seems to realize all she said. Maeve drops his gaze, feeling the heat travel from her cheeks and down her neck too. "Sorry... I- I don't know why I just told you all of that."
Poor little girl
still waiting for her happy ending

Messages In This Thread
RE: crave the applause yet hate the attention - by Maeve - 03-13-2021, 07:53 AM