A Needed Escape
Neos Rivetter
Explorer/Storyteller

Age: 33 | Height: 6'1" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Nomadic
Level: 2 - Strg: 13 - Dext: 13 - Endr: 13 - Luck: 12 - Int:
Played by: Tesability Offline
Change author:
MP: 360
Neos
Look out 'cause here I come
And I'm marching on to the beat I drum
The word that caught Neos' attention, even if he didn't visibly react while listening at the moment was the word 'upgrade'.

He turned a little faster than he wanted to when Wessex called his attention, and he had to lock his jaw in place to keep it from dropping as he saw her shoot the same lasers, but from her eyes. "I thought you had a double-barreled lasergun, not having that come--" He suddenly blinked, then a hand covered his face before muttering, "Arceus-dammit, the Ascended really are cyborgs..."

He peeled his hand off his face as Wessex continued speaking, turning his attention to her and noting her uncertainty in the use of the word 'guns'.

Might have opened your mouth at the wrong time, he heard in his head with a mocking chuckle, though the false human ignored it for now.

Either way, he's in this for the long haul now.

"A gun, you can say is like a more-compact but more powerful crossbow. They are also usually designed to fire more than one shot before reloading as needed. While I don't doubt the Voice can make something like them, and en-masse, based off of what I have seen of her, they're not exactly easy to make otherwise...at least without the risk of them misfiring."

Wiling to help, honestly, after what happened in Halo that brought all those people back to life, he could believe it. Did he agree with people being brought back to life? No. But he isn't them, and after seeing a couple of those same people again enjoying life, he wasn't going to be the dick that said they should stay dead.

Nor could he fault any of them for wanting to come back to life, assuming each of them were willing to come back.

"The Voice...I keep getting very, very mixed signals in regards to...I assume her?" Neos looked up in thought, realizing he only had a voice to work from. Does this Voice even have an appearance other than a lightning bolt? "There's a number that seem to revile her existence...including one whom I'm wondering if has he ever thought for himself over everything instead of always listening to the Old Gods and assuming they're always right. Even I was royally-pissed at her for all the changes she clearly made to my DNA when I arrived here. Same about the Ascended. And yet..."

He took off his black-wide-rimmed hat after he leveled his gaze in Wessex's direction before running a hand through his mane of hair. The light hitting it better revealed the attempts of having bluish hair despite it looking a very-dark shade of it, almost black by this point. "I don't know what to think anymore, especially after ending up among a large bunch of them myself and how almost all the Ascended there were..." Neos's words stopped as he exhaled, lowering his hand so he could put his hat back on. "I came out here probably for the same reason as you, to think things through while by my lonesome. Just...how could someone hate a variety of people that...didn't seem at all like they would even have the heart to fight, even if they could?"

As if you ever are alone, dear counterpart.

Your ass don't count, Gemini.
I'm not scared to be seen
I make no apologies
This is me

Messages In This Thread
A Needed Escape - by Neos - 03-17-2021, 12:36 AM
RE: A Needed Escape - by Wessex - 03-18-2021, 09:38 PM
RE: A Needed Escape - by Neos - 03-18-2021, 11:02 PM
RE: A Needed Escape - by Wessex - 03-20-2021, 05:04 PM
RE: A Needed Escape - by Neos - 04-05-2021, 10:50 PM
RE: A Needed Escape - by Wessex - 04-06-2021, 01:01 AM
RE: A Needed Escape - by Neos - 04-06-2021, 06:58 AM