a martyr on a bridge that's burning down
Pheebs
Harper Quinn
the Stalwart
Teacher

Age: 33 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Nomadic
Level: 5 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 15 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 19 - Int:
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 9747
HARPER
I stood outside when the roof gave in
You crawled from the wreckage you were lying in
Her laughter is a balm on his soul, inspiring a smile that’s like the sun to stretch across his face. The past days of loneliness don’t matter now. She is here, and now everything is right in the world. Though it does pull his attention to the lack of items and general clothes on her person, an inquisitive tick of his eyebrow preceding his question. ”Where have you been staying? Why didn’t you return to the Halenani?” He works there still, if irregularly these days, but it had only been so he could keep an eye out for her if she returned. The workers are the best of the best when it comes to gossip and leads.

None of that is pressing though. This is a far more drastic change, but Harper finds that his previous misgivings don’t even come to mind. Losing her for even the briefest amount of time has made him realize that he’ll take her however he can get her. At least now she will have power on her side. No longer so weak and easily torn from this world. If only he knew how much that strength had increased.

Wiping away her tears with gentle fingertips, he leans in to kiss her properly. Harper can smell the salt of her tears on her cheeks, but her lips are soft and familiar, and though he keeps it chaste he lingers. Infusing the kiss with all the relief and love he possibly can. When he pulls away he rests his forehead against her own. ”Of course. I love you, Phoebe.” He says it like an explanation. Like of course he will accept her, because he loves her, regardless of how much godhood runs in her veins. ”What now though? Does Frey want you to do something in particular, do we need to move?” Already willing to uproot and leave, to be wherever she is.
You're out of reach and we're out of time, I take it all and toe that line
You held my hand and pulled me down with you

Messages In This Thread
RE: a martyr on a bridge that's burning down - by Harper - 03-20-2021, 03:19 AM