a martyr on a bridge that's burning down
Pheebs
Harper Quinn
the Stalwart
Teacher

Age: 33 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Nomadic
Level: 5 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 15 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 19 - Int:
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 9747
HARPER
I stood outside when the roof gave in
You crawled from the wreckage you were lying in
Her disappointment - or perhaps resignation - is palpable. He can't imagine how hard it must be to build something up so intimately only to have it move on without you, leaving a vacant spot in your heart instead. "I'm sure you could still at least ask for your things back," he says softly, hating to think of not just the gown he'd had made for her being lost, but all the other beautiful things she had come to collect over time. It's a loss he doesn't want for her.

Phoebe's easy acceptance of his kiss only helps to smooth away his worries, the pieces finally falling back into their rightful places with the way her lips press against his own. He hasn't lost this alongside everything else. Harper still has her. His smile is boyish and a little tentative as it blossoms. "Then I suppose we should find a place of our own. What do you think?" Moving in together officially may seem a daunting prospect in any other way with how little time they've formally been together, but Harper simply isn't worried. He knows he wants to be with her, and that's that. He has always been that way. "It makes me feel a lot better, to know they want you to stay out of it. But I'll support you however you need. We'll figure it out together." It would take some pondering to determine exactly what Frey meant and how to achieve such a vague goal, but Harper is willing to put his mind to the matter if it helps Phoebe find her place.
You're out of reach and we're out of time, I take it all and toe that line
You held my hand and pulled me down with you

Messages In This Thread
RE: a martyr on a bridge that's burning down - by Harper - 03-22-2021, 12:06 AM