a martyr on a bridge that's burning down
Pheebs
Harper Quinn
the Stalwart
Teacher

Age: 33 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Nomadic
Level: 5 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 15 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 19 - Int:
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 9747
HARPER
I stood outside when the roof gave in
You crawled from the wreckage you were lying in
Harper's laughter is warm as it burbles from his chest to his tongue, thawing away the ice of solitude and fear that had encased him since he awoke. "No, I dare say no level of cleaning of it or your own skin would work in that scenario." A hand falls to touch the silky material, appreciating the finery against his scarred and calloused hands. "Not to mention what a fashion faux pas it would be." His wink is all play, crooked grin like a shaft of sunlight through tumultuous clouds. Oh how he has missed her. As if his brain somehow knew all along that they were parted even when he wasn't conscious enough to realize it.

He clucks his tongue at her denial, fondness on his features. "I'll have to wait for the next opportunity then." Whatever affords him the ability to have her in his arms, carting her around like a sack of potatoes and jostling laughter out of her lungs the way he had that day at the beach. The memory of that day replays in his head as he stays at her side, lingering as close as he can while she makes her selections without actively wrapping around her like an overly affectionate octopus.

At her question he seeks her hand, twining their fingers together and pinning her with an intense look. "You're not getting rid of me for some time yet." When it inevitably has to happen Harper will have to cope with the twisted feeling in his stomach that demands he keep her in his sight. Tugging gently, he moves them back into the throng of people, heading towards the inn. It's her room of course, so he will let her speak to the workers there, but there is nothing that could possibly stand to be more important than her in this moment.
You're out of reach and we're out of time, I take it all and toe that line
You held my hand and pulled me down with you

Messages In This Thread
RE: a martyr on a bridge that's burning down - by Harper - 03-29-2021, 11:27 PM