a martyr on a bridge that's burning down
Pheebs
Harper Quinn
the Stalwart
Teacher

Age: 33 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Nomadic
Level: 5 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 15 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 19 - Int:
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 9347
HARPER
I stood outside when the roof gave in
You crawled from the wreckage you were lying in
“I’d still find you beautiful even in the worst combination you could manage,” he assures, smitten and shameless about it. Harper is not the type to believe in stoicism with loved ones. Outside of battle and patrol, away from death and war, he sees no need for reticence. Life is already short enough. Already he has had a taste of what it would be like to lose her. Why then should he hide or withdraw, or even hold back any of his cheesy comments?

Her own sentiments only warm that cold place her absence had left, and he pressed a kiss to her cheek fleetingly before they begin their journey back to the inn. The sound of the crowd dwindles to nothing, and the warmth of the inn chases away any residual chills from the spring weather outside. As they reach the room and she sets her things down and looks out the window, Harper takes a moment to merely watch her. The sunlight striking her golden hair, the way the dress curves around her and shimmers in the backlight. Drinking in the view of her that he has missed. For longer than he is consciously aware of perhaps, but which his heart seems to recall all the same.

As such he’s sure when she turns around to talk that she sees the expression on his face, but it melts easily enough into a smile. “Well I certainly don’t like the rain. It would be very easy to convince me.” And as he’d said before, wherever she goes he will follow.
You're out of reach and we're out of time, I take it all and toe that line
You held my hand and pulled me down with you

Messages In This Thread
RE: a martyr on a bridge that's burning down - by Harper - 04-03-2021, 04:45 PM