a martyr on a bridge that's burning down
Pheebs
Harper Quinn
the Stalwart
Teacher

Age: 33 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Nomadic
Level: 5 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 15 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 19 - Int:
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 9347
HARPER
I stood outside when the roof gave in
You crawled from the wreckage you were lying in
Her gaze does nothing to shutter the expression on his face, willing to be vulnerable with her in ways he isn’t with others. Oh, they may think Harper wears his heart on his sleeve, almost obnoxiously open with his emotions, but it’s a useful defense to keep people from looking too close. At the tainted, broken, rotted parts beyond. Though he’s still reluctant to show Phoebe those parts - even if it’s inevitable with how tied to her he is - he doesn’t mind her knowing how broken he was in her absence. How fresh it all still feels.

It only strengthens the embrace he pulls her into, breathing in her scent as golden hair tickles against his cheek. Though he frowns at Cian’s name, Harper doesn’t immediately object at least, and is rewarded for his patience by the news of Frey’s lands. It makes sense then that their new demigod would be drawn there. “I’m not sure how to get there, or if we can during the monsoons. But if you feel like it’s a risk worth taking, I’ll agree.” Turning his head to press a kiss to her temple. “And if he approaches you at all, I’ll be there with you already.” Hopefully it wouldn’t devolve into a fight if the man hadn’t approached Remi yet, but Harper isn’t willing to ignore the potential for it. Not with Phoebe on the line.

Pulling back from her only enough to strip his shirt free, he picks her up without a care and sets her gently on the bed, toeing off his shoes as he goes before climbing in himself. Using his arm to gently pull at her, encouraging her to lay down with him. “Just let me hold you a while. Please.” He needs to forget the emptiness of the space beside him, fill it with her physical presence, her warmth and life.
You're out of reach and we're out of time, I take it all and toe that line
You held my hand and pulled me down with you

Messages In This Thread
RE: a martyr on a bridge that's burning down - by Harper - 04-08-2021, 11:46 PM