(SE) a whisper in our ear, or a bottle for our fears
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Age: 37 | Height: 6'1" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 55 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 50 - Luck: 46 - Int: 1
PEMOTA - Mythical - Starwhale (narwhal) RAMOTH - Mythical - Dragon (Biopulse)
Played by: Johnnie Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
you're trying not to tell him you love him, and you're trying to choke down the feeling
Sandbags and storm prep. Something about it has Nate shifting, his shoulders rolling in an attempt to throw off the discomfort settling over them. "I didn't notice you left." He offers, turning for the first time to glance back at the attuned, realizing too late that it's the blind eye turning his husband, that he'd have to put more effort into actually catching a glimpse of the other man. Nate pauses, considers it, then settles again, without the glance.

"I thought it looked nicer in here." He says, instead of bringing up the bucket, the weak but present cloyingness of wet smoke that still lingered in the kitchen from the dirty water. "Brighter." The word is punctuated with a slurp of coffee, before the mug is offered to Haai as well, Nate curious to see if she'll take this newest offering, or turn her nose up at it.

The first few weak beams from morning begin to filter through the haze of clouds and into the kitchen, only just barely warming the mood to something halfway bearable. "I was... maybe thinking about getting some shutter put together today. For the windows." The words are more than bland musing though, they're a peace offering, for at least an hour, the morning. A few hours of company, mostly silent, but better than nothing.
& you're trembling and he reaches over
and touches you, like a prayer for which no words exist
NATE

Messages In This Thread
RE: a whisper in our ear, or a bottle for our fears - by Nate - 03-22-2021, 05:38 AM