[Open] some people just deserve to...
Gideon Clemments
The Priest

Age: 52 | Height: 6' 1" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 4 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 17 - Endr: 17 - Luck: 16 - Int:
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Gideon

I'm the lesser of two evils
Or am I, am I tricking myself nice?
Gideon had been walking on sunshine since the shrine had been destroyed. Everything was going amazingly; the Order was making strides, Demi-Gods joining and the Skyports in production. The Voice had not as of yet punished his team for attacking the vile thing, if she'd even worked out it was them; if things continued so well, Gideon reckoned they could be done with the whole Ascended mess before the end of his own lifetime.

Gods, maybe he'd be remembered for it. The instigator of the end, the saviour; not that he wanted to inflate his ego too much with those kinds of fantasies...but they did give his lips something to curl up about at the corners. 'Gideon the Holy Light' had a good ring to it. There were Demi Gods he thought less qualified than himself...

But that kind of thinking was blasphemous, so he made himself stop there.

Walking about Torchline to clear his head after helping Ronin, he'd actually managed to walk by the bar without going in for a drink. A victory borne only of the joy from his recent successes, Gideon felt light enough without the help of alcohol. He'd headed up from the coast to the cliffs, to the lighthouse he'd often seen from a distance but not approached; there were so many beautiful spots in this place. So much wonder given to them by the Gods.

Standing near the cliff edge with his hands in his pockets and jacket in the crook of his arm, Gideon let his eyes sweep over the horizon of the sea. "Thank you, for all you've given me lately." He spoke quietly, under his breath - he knew they would hear him. "When I stand here, faced by all your majesty, knowing I have a part in it..." He shook his head in amazement, tilted his chin up towards the sky to look at the clouds. "Thank you."
If I'm a lesser of two evils
Who's this man, who's this act I hide behind?

Messages In This Thread
[Open] some people just deserve to... - by Gideon - 03-22-2021, 10:32 PM