[Open] some people just deserve to...
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Age: 26 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 5 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 46 - Endr: 41 - Luck: 41 - Int:
PIM - Mythical - Dragon (Electricity) BRANBAST - Mythical - Sear Cat (Speech)
Played by: Grant Offline
Change author:
MP: 1825
You not wanting me...
A...priest? Phoebe wasn't sure she had ever heard that word before. Her brow furrowed in confusion briefly. "I don't know what a priest is." she admitted. But the second half of his sentence made her pale - a true feat given her already porcelain complexion. Stormbreak. That was where Cian was from. It was where his people congregated. They might be on the same-ish side as her, especially now that she was a demigod of one of the Old Gods, but the realization made her throat tighten with apprehension. Had they already known of her change and sent him??

Well, if they hadn't, they sure would know now.

As the man explained his ability, the Nightingale's expression hardened. It was an attempt at a mask, a veneer of strength that she really never possessed, her heart worn boldly on her sleeve. "You mean it helps you identify and recruit the devout for Cian." she said smoothly. There was no point dancing around the issue. Frey would have been direct, and so would she, as their mortal emissary. Helping people was a very subjective term she had learned, and when political powers used it, it rarely meant what it meant. Governments didn't help people. They helped themselves.

At least, that is what a common born girl like herself had experienced.

"I am simply me. What Frey thinks of me is not a defining factor of my specialness or lack thereof. As they once told me, they are but a god." she said, quoting her friend when she had confessed to wishing to make them proud.
...Was the beginning of me wanting myself

Messages In This Thread
[Open] some people just deserve to... - by Gideon - 03-22-2021, 10:32 PM
RE: [Open] some people just deserve to... - by Phoebe - 03-26-2021, 05:10 PM