only matters if we care now
for Ama
Gideon Clemments
The Priest

Age: 52 | Height: 6' 1" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 4 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 17 - Endr: 17 - Luck: 16 - Int:
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Gideon
Imposing penance one by one
You've got a virtue in a vice
Well, she had him there. Gideon huffed out a short laugh and held his hands out before him in admission. "I've spoken to Vi many times...though never had an answer. I can never pretend to be more worthy than you chosen ones, of course." He was but a servant, a conduit for those curious about the Gods to discover them. He'd had to learn and adopt a humble nature early on, in the years he had toiled for the Deities that ruled them and heard nothing in response.

The question turned back on him made him pause; Gideon leaned on the back of the pew, took in a breath. "It's hard to know. The only God I have spoken to personally - and this is something I am telling you in confidence - is Ludo." It wouldn't do, now that more and more people were having visions and meetings, for it to be public knowledge how little direct experience he had. "So I suppose you could say Ludo, though, really...I belong to whoever can use me. I have devoted my life to being a servant of all the Gods."

Had Amalia not been who she was, he would have reacted strongly to the implication that he didn't already take his message out into the world. As it was, Gideon stared before closing his eyes and taking a moment to swallow down the immediate offence. "Since I have been able to, I have been making visits to the other regions to spread knowledge of the Gods and I will continue to do so. Often, though...they simply don't want to listen." He rubbed his chin, thinking of Zeph and the pub - ignorant idiots. "Maybe that is where people like you, that have spent more time there, are truly useful; many don't trust me because I am a stranger...and one with a rather intimidating amount of experience."

Was that egotistical? Probably, but he thought it was also true.

"Do you...know anyone that has Ascended?" He asked, noting the sadness in her eyes; coming from the Grounds, she had to have seen the consequences of the Voice up close.
With all the history to guide
You've got a passion in those eyes

Messages In This Thread
only matters if we care now - by Gideon - 03-23-2021, 09:22 PM
RE: only matters if we care now - by Amalia - 04-13-2021, 04:34 PM
RE: only matters if we care now - by Gideon - 04-14-2021, 10:07 PM
RE: only matters if we care now - by Amalia - 04-15-2021, 11:49 AM
RE: only matters if we care now - by Gideon - 04-18-2021, 04:32 PM