Locke
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Age: 27 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 10 - Strg: 35 - Dext: 37 - Endr: 43 - Luck: 37 - Int: 1
AIDON - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Artio Offline
Change author:
MP: 877
Maeve

(This letter comes in the same envelope with the same seal and the same lavender scent. Another package is attached and it is much bigger than the last. It begs to question how Maeve is managing to get things sent out in monsoon season.)

My Dearest Not Quite a Dragoon Yet Locke,

I suppose that's good that you didn't get sick on the way over. I'm not sure I'll be so lucky when I come to see you. Given that portal travel makes me feel sick. I imagine that travelling by airship might have the same effect? That's yet to be determined. Another brothel you say? Perhaps you should go and scope it out for me. Let me know about my competition. As the new acting Madame of the Halenani I need to make sure we are at the top of our game.

Admittedly I'm not sleeping better. Things are rough here. I've never liked the monsoons, but they're giving me more time with my thoughts than I like. Never really realized how lonely I was until everyone left. I miss you. A lot. Sometimes I wonder if I should have just gone with you, but I needed to be here for my workers. Especially with Phoebe being called away by Frey. I have made friends the governor here. His name is Sunjata though I'm sure you know that. He's a bit of a mess, but kind. He has a little girl. I've been helping him handle things since his husband is gone right now on a trip. I suppose if something does happen I can stay there until it is safe enough to travel. I wish you were here, but I'm glad you're doing well there.

What were you thinking about while you were here? Surely nothing is more important than baking? I think even the gods would agree. Am I still allowed to make jokes about the gods now that you're there or that considered bad taste? I'm glad you like the tea. I thought that might be one of your favorites. The candies didn't melt and they were very good. I've been trying to ration them so I don't eat them all in one go. A little hard when there isn't much else to do.

Maybe I will when I'm there. Since you said please.

Try not to miss me too much,

Mae

PS. Those were really good. I see why they're made for Frey. I showed them to Phoebe and she laughed even though her whole face was red. The other girls thought they were funny too.

PSS. You'll get one soon. I'm sure of it.

PSSS. I know this isn't the same as my sheets, but I hope it'll do.

(Inside the package is one of the throw blankets from her bed. A soft black fabric that's warm and smells just like lavender. There is a swatch of the dried flowers folded up in the blankets. One of the corners has a dragon embroidered on it in silver thread. A little heart with an M rests in the curl of its tail.)
Poor little girl
still waiting for her happy ending

Messages In This Thread
Locke - by Maeve - 04-01-2021, 08:10 PM
RE: Locke - by Locke - 04-03-2021, 11:57 PM
RE: Locke - by Maeve - 04-04-2021, 12:27 AM
RE: Locke - by Locke - 04-04-2021, 02:56 AM
RE: Locke - by Maeve - 04-04-2021, 03:31 AM
RE: Locke - by Locke - 04-05-2021, 11:55 PM
RE: Locke - by Maeve - 04-06-2021, 12:51 AM
RE: Locke - by Locke - 04-06-2021, 02:07 AM
RE: Locke - by Maeve - 04-06-2021, 03:22 AM