[se] your chest is a wall of fire; you pick torches
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword
Warden of Halo / Guildmaster

Age: 34 | Height: 6'4" | Race: Hybrid | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 14 - Strg: 74 - Dext: 74 - Endr: 75 - Luck: 80 - Int: 3
BELIAL - Mythical - Peryton (Blend) ZURIEL - Mythical - Unicorn (Healing)
Played by: Heather Offline
Change author:
MP: 6754
DEIMOS
the ocean does not apologize for its depth
and the mountains do not seek forgiveness
The statement earned the expected response, and the cheeky, juvenile grin reappeared, even if he had barely felt the flick on the forearm, as if he knew what she was implying. And the monolith held no disregard for her ability to relax, to find repose, for she’d certainly been busy as of late, but the difficulty in his own measures were a restless, instinctual, inherent blade. Sinking into taking care of himself had never really amounted to much – save for the time he’d been very ill – and even then he plunged onward, obstinate, tenacious, and occasionally out of his mind. Others had always been the priority, and changing, shifting, those parameters was a stretch. “Ru is making me go to her spa,” he admitted, with a very wrinkled nose, as if it was inviting torture, but snorted again at her declaration. “Nor should you be.”

Deimos gave an eyeroll embedded in fondness for the aforementioned duo, the makeshift members of his family, who would undoubtedly do exactly as Aisha had proclaimed. A few more stokings of the shovel left him embedded in silence, wondering if he should say anything at all. But the impact of the notions, of the moments, still rattled around his brain, and he very rarely confessed to when anything was bothering him. Let it sink. Let it simmer. Let it be suppressed or diminished; favored outlets of the Sword, rather than gather it along his tongue.

But then he wasn’t becoming any better. But then he’d just be sliding back into old habits.

So he sighed and leaned on his shovel, placing it deeper into the cracks of the stones. “I have been told I give too much,” by both Safrin and Hotaru. “So I have been working on that.” Because it was far, far easier for him to avoid all his problems, if everyone else was hellbent on their own destruction – if he could provide aid, if he could assemble something quickly, efficiently. “Nate asked for a diamond, and I said no, because he could get one himself in the Climb.” A small start – ultimately backfiring. “He did not take it well. Asked me what the point of having powers was. Or even the point of me.” A hollow laugh followed, and then another shrug.
for the space they take
and so, neither shall I

Messages In This Thread
RE: [se] your chest is a wall of fire; you pick torches - by Deimos - 04-11-2021, 06:48 PM