eyes covered in ink and bleach
Juni!
Juniper Dubois
the Amberwing
Diplomat

Age: 57 | Height: 4'8 | Race: Fae | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 3 - Strg: 13 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 12 - Luck: 15 - Int:
Played by: Bees Offline
Change author:
MP: 1749
JUNIPER
you think i'm happy because i'm smiling,
but it's the easiest thing to do
Juniper's eyes widened at Nephele's suggestion, and then she paused, considering the matter carefully. It was true: in Alina's and Nephele's absence, she'd been among the most outspoken of the Fae, the one giving her people direction. If she had her detractors, well, any leader did, didn't they? And she had never been well-liked among the Fae, before -- but now some of the more open-minded Fae were coming to appreciate her efforts.

"I ... If you believe I am best-suited for such a role, I am willing to take it." She almost asked if Nephele wouldn't step up herself, but then -- Nephele had been gone for months. The Fae needed a leader who was present and active. Juniper would not fault Nephele for her travels, but they wouldn't make a good leader.

Juniper nodded. "I can speak to Safrin, if you like. I believe the quest required parts of each race -- hair, blood. I did get samples from an Accepted ... Finding the Ascended pieces would be the most difficult."

At Nephele's response, Juniper nodded, sadly. If the Old Gods could stop the Voice, then presumably no Ascended would have been made at all. She didn't want to condemn the Ascended to die, but their goddess had to be stopped, that much was clear. And Nephele had a point; as grim as it was to ask the Ascended to slowly die without their goddess, at least they would have a little warning. But Juniper still had to look for other alternatives. With the hand not holding Nephele's, she rubbed her face. The only other solution she could think of ... "What about a quarantine? The barrier bought us centuries of peace -- if we did it better this time ... But we'd have to destroy the portals first."

The Fae, with their isolationist tendencies, probably wouldn't mind losing their portal. But Juniper doubted Torchline or Halo would be thrilled to have to return to walking through the Wilds -- especially Halo, who could bring in much-needed supplies via portal. Juniper frowned, brow furrowing. "Or at least the Hollowed Ground portal."

Juniper smiled back at Nephele, glad to find the other Fae receptive to her ideas, even if she understood that they couldn't see eye to eye on everything. "Yes. We'll find our way forward -- together."

If a right path exists. But Juniper didn't mention that doubt -- her growing sense that all the options before them were bad.
if you looked a little closer,
you'd find my eyes aren't smiling too.

table by Skylark

Messages In This Thread
eyes covered in ink and bleach - by Nephele - 04-18-2021, 12:08 AM
RE: eyes covered in ink and bleach - by Juniper - 04-18-2021, 03:43 PM
RE: eyes covered in ink and bleach - by Nephele - 04-18-2021, 08:24 PM
RE: eyes covered in ink and bleach - by Juniper - 04-22-2021, 03:45 PM
RE: eyes covered in ink and bleach - by Nephele - 04-23-2021, 03:08 AM
RE: eyes covered in ink and bleach - by Juniper - 04-26-2021, 03:58 PM
RE: eyes covered in ink and bleach - by Nephele - 05-06-2021, 07:17 PM
RE: eyes covered in ink and bleach - by Juniper - 05-07-2021, 02:55 PM