eyes covered in ink and bleach
Juni!
Nephele Amoret
the Meadowhawk

Age: 61 | Height: 5'0 | Race: Fae | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 3 - Strg: 11 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 24 - Luck: 3 - Int:
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Meat. An interesting prospect, but Nephele will take any guidance she can get on restoring their beloved Mathair. “Perhaps we can entice more trade in the Branches. We don’t want to deplete the forest, so maybe we should look into increasing incentives for trades for meat from other lands.” Halo and the Grounds would likely be the only ones to not come forth with their meat considering their own difficulties with procuring it, but the other lands remained a viable opportunity.

Whispers of the Order have reached her ears, but she gives a slight frown instead of offering her paltry knowledge. “Only vaguely. But we have historically never allied with the humans - I don’t see why we should now.” It is not as if the Fae would - could? - Ascend, and Rae would ensure the Greatwood lived on even if they all died out in the coming war. Nephele considers this problem to be one the humans must contend with. Though her own goals may align with theirs, they had done nothing to endear the woman to their side.

Nephele bites the inside of her cheek at the prospect of negotiation. But she respects Juniper far too much to let her emotions guide her into an instinctive dismissal of the idea. Had Nephele not sought her out specifically to be the bridge between races and lands that Nephele knew she herself could not be? To burn her down would be hypocritical. “They may have both agreed to work with us, but we should do so carefully, on more of an individual basis. Showing too much allegiance to Torchline, being pro-Ascended, may draw lines in the sand that we cannot afford if we hope to stay out of the conflict.” It set them up to be negotiated into treaties and agreements that they would have to stand by. So she reveals her last card. “He attacked me in the Wilds. There was an energy there that was being sought, and one of them - I can’t be sure who - did something to me to make me feel...unimaginable fear. Unfortunately I did throw a dagger at him, but he cut my wings and had some rather inelegant names to call me. Admittedly I’m not inclined to parlay with him after that.” That she’d kept her chakrams to herself in that moment was a miracle, but if they had to work with Nate, Nephele would cleverly keep herself out of the negotiations by using his attack as an excuse. His had been far more public than her own in the way that mattered.

“You say they. Who all has agreed to the idea of justice?” Spoken with genuine curiosity as to these more radical Ascended who would - miracle of miracles - actually submit themselves to the Fae as retribution for their deeds. Did they even know the Fae’s brand of justice? It was not just Nephele who was prone to violent inclinations after all.

Speaking of violence, Nephele frowns and remains very quiet for a few long moments. She cannot lie, though Ludo’s will isn’t something that paints her immediately in the same colors. But Juniper is smart, and Nephele - even acting as a lone agent - has to be careful of how much she reveals. It is a cursed double life she now leads. “Ludo seeks to eradicate them entirely. The Voice poses a great threat to Mort directly by stealing, corrupting, and potentially even utilizing souls that would otherwise belong in Mort’s realm.” A notion Nephele can sympathize with even though she’d worshiped Rae most of her younger years. “The Ascended themselves may be - in some small way - innocent, but they let themselves be led by their creator. And if their creator asks violence of them, it is not hatred that leads us, but a need to protect ourselves.” The Voice had led them to the Mathair after all, and that was proof enough for Nephele to try and convince Juniper with, all other betrayals aside.
Your goodness must have some edge to it -- else it is none

Messages In This Thread
eyes covered in ink and bleach - by Nephele - 04-18-2021, 12:08 AM
RE: eyes covered in ink and bleach - by Juniper - 04-18-2021, 03:43 PM
RE: eyes covered in ink and bleach - by Nephele - 04-18-2021, 08:24 PM
RE: eyes covered in ink and bleach - by Juniper - 04-22-2021, 03:45 PM
RE: eyes covered in ink and bleach - by Nephele - 04-23-2021, 03:08 AM
RE: eyes covered in ink and bleach - by Juniper - 04-26-2021, 03:58 PM
RE: eyes covered in ink and bleach - by Nephele - 05-06-2021, 07:17 PM
RE: eyes covered in ink and bleach - by Juniper - 05-07-2021, 02:55 PM
RE: eyes covered in ink and bleach - by Nephele - 05-08-2021, 07:10 AM
RE: eyes covered in ink and bleach - by Juniper - 05-11-2021, 06:22 PM