so casually cruel in the name of being honest
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Age: 27 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 10 - Strg: 35 - Dext: 37 - Endr: 43 - Luck: 37 - Int: 1
AIDON - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Artio Offline
Change author:
MP: 877
Maeve

Maeve doesn't let go of his hand until she's sitting down, drawing in a breath that makes her ribs ache. She doesn't know where to start. Probably with the Halenani. That was likely the best bet. He's excited to see her and it just makes it worse. She never wanted to hurt him and she's pretty sure she's going to when she tells him everything. It isn't fair to keep it from him. If they're ever going to be something then he needs to know. Maeve smiles softly, reaching out to take his hand again, but before she has a chance he's pulling away and finding something under the bed to give her. She arches a brow, cocking her head to the side curiously. "Another gift?" Maeve carefully opens it up, revealing the little dragon plush and her smile grows a bit wider. "Oh, I love it! Thank you." Her fingers gently run over the soft fabric of its body before her eyes find his.

"Oh, right. Gods, where to even start." She blows out a breath, setting the box aside as she turns her attention back to him, brows knitting together at the pang in her ribs and she shifts until she finds something more comfortable. "Well, the Halenani didn't make it through like I hoped it would. We lost a load bearing wall and the whole thing collapsed. Thankfully everyone was out when it happened." She pauses, cringing slightly as she continues, knowing he's not going to be happy to hear it. "Except for me because I just had to check the rooms one more time just to be sure. I was on the second floor. Fell straight through and a beam landed on top of me. Mild concussion as well as some bruised and cracked ribs. The healers here did a pretty good job at patching me up, but I'm still pretty sore."

Maeve reaches for his hand now, taking it gently in her own and giving it a gentle squeeze, "I'm okay, though. All things considered we were pretty lucky. I was lucky."
These violent delights
Have violent ends

Messages In This Thread
RE: so casually cruel in the name of being honest - by Maeve - 04-19-2021, 08:15 PM