so casually cruel in the name of being honest
Locke Moore
Mercenary

Age: 34 | Height: 6'2 | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 5 - Strg: 26 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 26 - Luck: 15 - Int:
Played by: Zombeikid Offline
Change author:
MP: 630
LOCKE
Driving faster in my car
Falling farther from just what we are
So she hadn't gotten it.. He's starting to think it's for the best. He gives her a soft grin, laughing. "Suppose it is for the best then." He takes a sharp breath but bites down the rest of the nervousness bubbling up in the pit of his stomach. The hand on her back stays, his thumb gently brushing against her. The flood gates were opened and he has to touch her.

"You can't control the storms, Mae. Unless you can, then yeah, maybe should have tried harder. But unless something's changed.." Another press of his lips to her knuckles as he holds her gaze. He wants to kiss her, properly. The bed creaks as he shifts a little closer to her. It doesn't seem right to do it now, but maybe soon. "Just a chance to rebuild it, better. Sometimes you gotta tear shit down to make it stronger, yeah?" He doesn't know what he's talking about but it feels right.

"Don't know really. I mean you managed to get out with only a few kinda minor injuries, all of your girls are alright.. Seems pretty luck to me." Maybe she doesn't see it that way. He would understand if she didn't. He does though. She's alive and that's enough for him. The thought of her being here longer makes his chest tighten up. He had planned on leaving with her when she came to visit. Staying longer was fine though. "I understand. I just wish.. I had known. I would've made you.. soup or something. I could've come to you."

Maybe she just didn't want him around. It lingers in the back of his head. But he gives her a little grin anyway.
Smoke a cigarette and lie some more
These conversations kill

Messages In This Thread
RE: so casually cruel in the name of being honest - by Locke - 04-19-2021, 09:05 PM