so casually cruel in the name of being honest
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Age: 27 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 10 - Strg: 35 - Dext: 37 - Endr: 43 - Luck: 37 - Int: 1
AIDON - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Artio Offline
Change author:
MP: 877
Maeve

"Otherwise I would have never gotten it. Given the fact that I just lost basically everything... I'm glad that you didn't send him. Would have hated to lose him too." Maeve relaxes under his touch, allowing the tension to leave her muscles as she lets herself get comfortable here in his room. She spots the blanket she made him on the end of the bed, a fluttering starting in her chest.

A sigh leaves her and she presses her lips into a thin line, "I know I can't, but I could have prepared more. I could have done something." There is no sense in dwelling on it now, but the guilt still eats at her even though she knows she should just let it go. It's done. Nothing left to do but more forward. Green meets hazel as his lips press against her knuckles again and she shakes her head, "No, I didn't suddenly get a bunch of magical abilities right after you left." She huffs, a laugh pushing past her lips as the smile playing there actually reaches her eyes. He shifts himself a little closer and she tries to ignore the way her heart races. "Is that how the saying goes? Don't think I've hear it put like that before." Her tone is teasing as she continues to hold his gaze.

"I didn't get out on my own. Uhm, Sunjata was at the Slagveld when the building started to go. He saw it happen and came in after me. He's the reason I got out. He's also the reason my girls had somewhere to go. He helped get them treated and sheltered until I can get things up and running again. I guess it was lucky, though." She could be dead right now. She could have been crushed by the beam. She could have bled out. A lot of things could have happened, but in the end she made it out. She was here now. "I'm sorry... I was honestly sleeping most of the time. I didn't really sleep much the first few nights after. You can still make me soup if you really want to."

It wasn't that she didn't want to see him. That she didn't want him around. She had other things going on is all. It had nothing to do with him.
These violent delights
Have violent ends

Messages In This Thread
RE: so casually cruel in the name of being honest - by Maeve - 04-19-2021, 09:33 PM