so casually cruel in the name of being honest
Locke Moore
Mercenary

Age: 34 | Height: 6'2 | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 5 - Strg: 26 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 26 - Luck: 15 - Int:
Played by: Zombeikid Offline
Change author:
MP: 630
LOCKE
Driving faster in my car
Falling farther from just what we are
”Okay. Just let me know.” His voice is soft as she squeezes his hand. He wonders if he’s being too much. He always feels like he’s being too much with her. It’s funny because she had told him the same thing about herself. Briefly he wondered if he just sees another side of her or if she mutes herself for him. He shoves the thought down, trying not to focus too much on it.

Mostly because he’s focused on something else. ”It does.” It’s all he has to say because words are suddenly very hard. He can’t stop thinking about what could’ve happened. He’s genuinely happy that Sunjata found her. Because otherwise, she likely wouldn’t be here. And the thought weighs heavy on his heart. Locke’s not a strange to death, to the way it lingers in your bones like a cold night. He’s not even sure where he’s looking until her hand finds his face. Warm and alive, she’s here. The smile he gives her is soft if not sad as he leans against her hand. Hazel eyes flutter closed and he sighs, bringing the hand on her back up to curl around the hand touching him.

”Mae.” The words are shaky, hesitant as if he’s scared. Because he is. He hates being open, being vulnerable, giving someone else this kind of power over him. But he has to do it. Even if she rejects him, even if she doesn’t want him. Nothing will hurt worse than the regret he’d feel if he didn’t say something. ”I know you didn’t get my letter but..” A sharp breath, ”You’re wrong. I do know what I want. Always have. I want someone to take care of, someone to love me, someone who cares if I come home or not. I want kids, a family.” The words are barely spoken, a whisper for her only. There’s another pause, longer this time. The air between them is heavy and he hates every second of it.

He looks up at her, meeting her gaze. There’s a creak as the bed shifts under him. He’s tired of being scared, of not taking what he wants. He’s been so confused, so lost lately, so unsure of himself. Not anymore. His lips brush against her’s, the start of a proper kiss. ”I want you.”
Smoke a cigarette and lie some more
These conversations kill

Messages In This Thread
RE: so casually cruel in the name of being honest - by Locke - 04-20-2021, 03:45 PM