so casually cruel in the name of being honest
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Age: 27 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 10 - Strg: 35 - Dext: 37 - Endr: 43 - Luck: 37 - Int: 1
AIDON - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Artio Offline
Change author:
MP: 877
Maeve

The room grows heavy. Quiet. The air stills like it does when a storm is about to unleash its fury in the form of buckets and buckets of rain. Her heart pounds in her chest, slamming against her ribs wildly, feeling is if it might burst as they stay caught in this moment. Neither of them saying anything until her name falls off of his lips like a prayer he's unsure will be answered. Her breath catches in her throat, lungs already starting to burn as his hand covers hers, stilling the faint tremor that's started in the tips of her fingers. She wants to stop him. She wants to reach out and cover his mouth with her palm to keep him from uttering the words.

She's a liar. She lied and she doesn't deserve this. Deserve him. She has feelings for Sunjata and Locke and one of them wants her in the way she so desperately craves. While the other will never be hers. Not outside of stolen moments and distractions. Maeve has accepted that and she's trying her best to let it go. To move on. Nate is going to come back for him. They're going to raise Kamaria together. He already has his family. There isn't a place there for her, but there could be one with Locke. They could have all of those things. He could make her favorite cakes and spend afternoons lazily tangled up in bedsheets with her. They could have sex for breakfast and share all those moments in between. He could be hers and she could be his and anyone else's for that matter because he doesn't want to limit her.

He just wants her.

It hurts more than she can bare. The bed creaks and he leans forward, brushing his lips against hers in a barely there kiss. His first ever kiss and he's giving it to her. She doesn't fucking deserve it or him. It doesn't stop her from tightening her grip on him, fingers curling at the back of his neck and tugging him forward as she deepens that kiss. Even as her throat tightens and tears slip down her cheeks. Maeve squeezes her eyes shut, drawing in a sharp breath as she pulls back, shaking her head, "You shouldn't. Pick someone else, Locke. Anyone else. I- I don't deserve you and you don't deserve this." This being her. What she's doing right now.

"I lied, Locke. I did have feelings for him. They snuck up on me and I didn't want them to be happen. It wasn't supposed to, but it did. He'll never want me like that. The way you do. You... You want me and I- I don't want to hurt you because I'm selfish. I want him and you and I don't know if I'm made to love just one person." Her words tremble just as much as his did and the pain in her chest twists, tightening around her heart, threatening to shatter it. "And maybe that isn't a bad thing, but it feels wrong. It feels wrong to have my heart hurt by a rejection that never happened and to run into your arms instead even though I want to so badly. It isn't fair to you... So please... Pick anyone else because you deserve so much more than this. Than what I'm doing to you right now."

Finally she looks up at him, eyes glassy and red rimmed as tears continue to roll hotly down her cheeks. Her hand hasn't left his neck, fingers slipping into hair hair there and hanging on because she can't make herself draw away from him. Her body frozen in place, unwilling to break their connection. It might be the last time she ever gets to touch him. She just wants it to last.
These violent delights
Have violent ends

Messages In This Thread
RE: so casually cruel in the name of being honest - by Maeve - 04-20-2021, 04:24 PM