so casually cruel in the name of being honest
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Age: 27 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 10 - Strg: 35 - Dext: 37 - Endr: 43 - Luck: 37 - Int: 1
AIDON - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Artio Offline
Change author:
MP: 877
Maeve

Despite the flush on her cheeks, Maeve manages a smirk that is entirely too mischievous as she looks up at him from beneath her lashes. The way he purrs her own pet name makes her stomach twist with anticipation, knowing that he's definitely going to be making a lot of things up to her. "Well you do act like one on occasion." She shoots back quickly, eyes shining playfully as she meets his gaze.

The laugh makes her feel a little better, but also a little worse. Her expression softens and she gives his arm a squeeze, "You aren't pathetic." She says it firmly, conviction in her voice leaving little room for argument even if he doesn't agree with her. Her chest tightens and there is a flash of guilt in her eyes. Isn't that what she almost did? Isn't that what she would have done if it weren't for the fact that Sunjata wouldn't have her? Yeah, it is. She hates to admit it, but it's true. She isn't settling for Locke. That's not what this is. Maeve does like him. A lot. She wants to explore this and him and everything in between. "I mean, you are the only one who seems to want me for more than just... a fuck every now and again." She says softly. It isn't a lie. Yeah, Hotaru seems interested, but does it extend beyond a quick romp or two in the sheets? A hook up every few weeks? Maeve isn't so sure.

"You didn't go to Molly's then? Shame... Would have thought you did." She's trying to play it off. It isn't like it matters. She fucks other people regularly. Not just for her job. He can too if he wants. He says he cares about her. That's all she needs to know. Maeve tries not to get too wrapped up in it, ignoring the surge of jealousy and the way her chest grows tighter.

Maeve stays quiet for a moment, pursing her lips as they head out of the barracks, "Yeah... About our talk. About seeing you. I didn't know how this was going to go. You could have told me to fuck off after I said my piece. I wouldn't have blamed you." Whether he thinks so or not, he is technically a rebound. Even if she does care about him. Maeve glances around as they cut through the training yard, not missing the look the other dragoon gives Locke, but she doesn't comment on it. "Nothing stopping you from saying it is."

Soon they're slipping out of the gates and onto the streets, "Yeah, I'll try anything at least once." She says with a grin, trying to lighten the mood.
These violent delights
Have violent ends

Messages In This Thread
RE: so casually cruel in the name of being honest - by Maeve - 05-03-2021, 01:47 AM