(RQ) with my sympathy
Elide Pendragon
Researcher / Hunter

Age: 37 | Height: 5'10" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 1 - Strg: 14 - Dext: 13 - Endr: 14 - Luck: 5 - Int:
Played by: Catalysta Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Elide

Elide narrows her gaze at Kiada's comment, spotting that mischievous look in her blue eyes and offering a small smile at it. But she does not share the sentiment. She has always strove to be the hunter, the watcher. When she found herself in situations where she was the prey... it was not something that brought her joy, needless to say. It could be that she is taking this a bit too seriously, but she doesn't think so. "Perhaps..." is all she says, speculatively, her tone a bit cold in comparison to the lightheartedness Kiada seems to feel.

But things escalate, as they always do, and Elide is ready to take to the opportunity. If the sentient vines do truly like to trap prey as she's heard, then perhaps they will have some luck finding them thanks to this creature. A creature Elide has never seen before. In the back of her mind, she tries to note its features and mannerisms, how it appears to be some sort of deer species. She intends to write about all of this, later.

Kiada is quick to react to the vines entrapping the creature, as is Elide, but with a small pang she realizes that she should have thought about this a bit more. She's not used to vines that seem to move of their own accord, and naturally she doesn't think about herself or Kiada in this situation. Her worry was more directed at other potential dangers in the jungle, rather than the one before them. The one that wraps its greedy tendrils around Kiada's leg.

They do manage, however, to cut the poor creature loose. Elide pinpoints some vines that seem to be causing the most strain and Kiada hacks away the bulk of it. They're able to free the prey, and it totters off with one final bleat.

This doesn't help Kiada, however, who has suddenly gotten her wish. Elide looks over, straightens immediately, and tries to step away quickly enough that she doesn't end up in the same boat. The vines are quicker, however, and that latch onto both her legs. They do not seem to stop here, reaching and winding up towards her arms to actually trap her. Elide grits her teeth as the hand with her knife is restrained.

"Kiada," her voice is calm but assertive, hoping to catch the other woman's attention, "now that I've tried it," she says suddenly as she attempts to pull away to no avail, "I do not believe this is fun." Elide tries to pull her arm up and looks over at the state of her companion, hoping she is not worse off, "Can you cut my hand free?"
I have a deeply hidden and inarticulate desire
for something beyond the daily life

Messages In This Thread
(RQ) with my sympathy - by Kiada - 04-20-2021, 05:39 AM
RE: (RQ) with my sympathy - by Elide - 04-20-2021, 10:04 AM
RE: (RQ) with my sympathy - by Kiada - 04-21-2021, 07:08 PM
RE: (RQ) with my sympathy - by Elide - 04-27-2021, 05:07 PM
RE: (RQ) with my sympathy - by Kiada - 04-28-2021, 06:39 AM
RE: (RQ) with my sympathy - by Elide - 05-03-2021, 12:59 AM
RE: (RQ) with my sympathy - by Kiada - 05-04-2021, 04:42 AM
RE: (RQ) with my sympathy - by Elide - 05-08-2021, 02:17 AM
RE: (RQ) with my sympathy - by Kiada - 05-08-2021, 06:01 AM