we’re all walking each other home
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Age: 37 | Height: 6'1" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 55 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 50 - Luck: 46 - Int: 1
PEMOTA - Mythical - Starwhale (narwhal) RAMOTH - Mythical - Dragon (Biopulse)
Played by: Johnnie Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
NATE

A hand reaches up to his chest, where his shirt lays casually open despite the storm raging outside, a bright chuckle leaving Nate. ”What, this one?” For anyone else, it would be an impossible task to open a few more buttons without moving his hands at all, but Nate has a few spares, one of them crackling into existence now to show off the less than sentimental image of a snake biting down on a greasy, beady-eyed rat. ”Got it for the old man.” After everything with you, though he doesn’t say that, can’t bring himself to be the one to spoil the moment; he can forgive Bart for it, but he’d never forgive himself.

Pulling away is the absolute last thing on his mind, a shaky laugh leaving Nate as a hand clings to him. ”I missed you too, you fuckin’ loser.” He mutters in an unsteady voice, trying desperately to be a rock. The embrace lasts as long as Bart wants, Nate knowing if it were up to him they wouldn’t move all fucking night. ”Some kinda.” He jokes back, wiping at at his eyes when they finally pull away. ”Y’forgot God.” It isn’t even a real laugh that barks out of him, but it still chokes into a sudden silence as Nate looks at the ink on his brothers arm. Long healed, and all too real.

Reaching out to wrap a hand around his brothers arm, Nate lets a thumb trace over the black ink, over what he was sure had been the only epitaph he’d gotten. There’s a tremble in his jaw, an ache, because fuck, that had always been the silver lining, hadn’t it? That Bart had never had to feel this shit, never had to be incomplete like he was. The hand moves, covering the dates, while his other one comes up to rub at his mouth, like somehow that’ll settle him. ”Yea, you uh... I went to med school for you.” He says suddenly, feeling all over again like it hadn’t been enough, like he needs to babble. ”Made some deals with some people dad knew, worked my way into all kinds of shit I shouldn’t have cause I... I couldn’t let you go without trying, y’know?”

Swallowing, Nate lets his gaze lift again, eye tracing over scars familiar and new, lingering on the one at his throat, the one that seemed newest, before finally lifting to his brother’s eyes. ”I got you back now though, don’t I? And you got me? Fucked up and different but...” Nate shrugs, a shaky smile on his face. ”Its still us.”
but i'm going to be here until i'm nothing
but bones in the ground

Messages In This Thread
we’re all walking each other home - by Nate - 04-21-2021, 04:18 PM
RE: we’re all walking each other home - by Nate - 04-23-2021, 02:35 AM
RE: we’re all walking each other home - by Nate - 04-23-2021, 05:41 AM
RE: we’re all walking each other home - by Nate - 05-08-2021, 06:38 AM
RE: we’re all walking each other home - by Nate - 05-10-2021, 04:41 AM
RE: we’re all walking each other home - by Nate - 06-16-2021, 02:39 AM