Age: 37 | Height: 6'4 | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship:
Level: 0 - Strg: 12 - Dext: 10 - Endr: 10 - Luck: 4 - Int:
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
AEDION
the moral of the story is,
i will gut you if i need to.
In certainty, he didn’t need to favor anything. But it was hard to break it, in a new world and a new body. He finds it difficult to try and fit in where he had before. He offers her a slightly grateful smile even as his pride withers away in his chest as he helps him up, and then they’re walking. His voice is rough as he introduces himself, but finds himself looking around at the ruins and casting a glance back at the statue he had crashed into, grimacing lightly at the arms that had been sheared off. When he turns back to face forward and follow her lead, his head tilts as she speaks.

Isla.” He repeats, the name unique on his tongue. It should be easy to catalogue that away too. He huffs a quiet laugh in response to her words and shrugs his shoulders lightly, doing his best to ignore the consistent pounding. It gets easier the more he has something else to focus on. “Me too.” He manages to say before falling silent and letting her speak. She tells him it’s easier to see in the dark, but Aedion doesn’t really notice. He had been almost entirely a wolf in his last home, and he had found the darkness to be his friend. The sun had hardly shown on his skin or his fur back then, and he had grown accustomed to it. Nevertheless the less, he nods in agreement to her, remaining silent still as she asks him what he remembers. And what did he remember?

He strains a bit to think, there had been snow and a crumbled kingdom he’d called home, a small creature he had bribed into infiltrating those that murdered his family. He grits his teeth quietly as he envies his past self and the wings that could have taken him far away had he only known. He turns to Isla then with a light shrug. “I remember hunting… Then everything went dark. I’ve been falling from there since, changing shapes and shifting in strange ways.” He admits, a bit sheepishly at first. “I had wings, but I could shift into a wolf. It seems all of that has left me except for these.” He pauses to run his tongue along the ranges canines. But then, he shrugs again. “I have lived a life of vengeance and justice, yet none of that matters here. I’m not… sure what to do now, where that leaves me.” He admits quietly, head turning away from her to state along the walkway.

All of that hard work and diligence gone in a second. He no longer lived in the Rift with the darkness and a god that cared about fixing the world. He no longer lived in a world where other gods had come to destroy them. Vengeance for his parents were pointless now. These people weren’t the ones that killed them, and where did that leave him? He’s in a stalemate of what his life means now. For all that time it had been focused, and now… now there’s nothing.
i will carve my way out,
with only my teeth.

Messages In This Thread
lose your faith in me [open] - by Aedion - 02-01-2019, 07:15 AM
RE: lose your faith in me [open] - by Isla - 02-01-2019, 08:37 PM
RE: lose your faith in me [open] - by Aedion - 02-02-2019, 12:05 AM
RE: lose your faith in me [open] - by Isla - 02-02-2019, 01:15 PM
RE: lose your faith in me [open] - by Aedion - 02-02-2019, 06:19 PM
RE: lose your faith in me [open] - by Isla - 02-02-2019, 07:10 PM
RE: lose your faith in me [open] - by Aedion - 02-02-2019, 08:06 PM
RE: lose your faith in me [open] - by Isla - 02-02-2019, 08:35 PM
RE: lose your faith in me [open] - by Aedion - 02-02-2019, 08:53 PM