Age: 37 | Height: 6'4 | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship:
Level: 0 - Strg: 12 - Dext: 10 - Endr: 10 - Luck: 4 - Int:
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
AEDION
the moral of the story is,
i will gut you if i need to.
Only now does he notice the way the wind whips back toward them, ruffling his dark hair. His eyes scan the world around him to notice that it’s snowing too, yet he doesn’t feel it. His hands clench before he releases it, wondering how he can’t feel anything despite only wearing a pair of boots, a pair of pants, and a ruffled, hole riddled shirt. He wonders if it’s because of the change, and how Isla had mentioned it made them better. He scans the snow briefly before casting a glance to his fair headed companion as she remarks that they’re close now. “Good,” he thinks, imagining that if it were much further the weariness he feels would allow him to collapse. He breathes quietly now, noticing the breath pull in a fog before his eyes. It’s a marvel to him, the change it had granted him. Suddenly he feels quite powerful, but with no direction he has no idea where that leaves him – in a stalemate of what his life means. It’s a weary thought, and he sighs quietly again, watching his breath before his eyes.

He listens to her speak, and finds some comfort in the idea. He could care less about a majority of the inhabitants, but he hopes that smaller man named Korri was okay, wherever he was. He nods to her in response, shoulders rolling in a quiet shrug. “My family was killed long ago, I don’t have anyone I think I’d recognize.” He offers her, perhaps a bit sad in the way it’s stated. He’s not sure what compels him to tell her so much about him, except for the fact that they’re so similar. He grinds his teeth again, pushing aside that feeling from within that something terrible was bound to happen. But she continues to speak and he listens, his eyes shadowed as he looks back to her. The barrier seems familiar to him, he remembers living outside of one for a while before the Rift had thrust him back in the middle, back to fighting for the light to return to his home and his family’s graves.

They reach the infirmary and he waits patiently (something he had never been known for in his previous life) for Isla to open it and allow him in. In the meantime, he tries to figure out what to say in response. It feels shallow of him to ask if anyone’s tried. Certainly they would have, otherwise how did they know it kept them in? He looks back to her with an inquisitive look. “Is there something protecting the barrier? Perhaps that is where the barrier draws its power?” He ponders aloud. “Destroy the power source and problem fixed?” He adds thoughtfully. In the Rift, it had been a matter of putting light into the dark, to push away the dark entity that swallowed the other lands entirely. But here, it seemed almost too archaic for what surrounded him. Sure, there were ruins, but there was something about the way he’d been changed that made him think that perhaps this place was far more advanced, and the thing keeping them in the bubble were similar in that regard.
i will carve my way out,
with only my teeth.

Messages In This Thread
lose your faith in me [open] - by Aedion - 02-01-2019, 07:15 AM
RE: lose your faith in me [open] - by Isla - 02-01-2019, 08:37 PM
RE: lose your faith in me [open] - by Aedion - 02-02-2019, 12:05 AM
RE: lose your faith in me [open] - by Isla - 02-02-2019, 01:15 PM
RE: lose your faith in me [open] - by Aedion - 02-02-2019, 06:19 PM
RE: lose your faith in me [open] - by Isla - 02-02-2019, 07:10 PM
RE: lose your faith in me [open] - by Aedion - 02-02-2019, 08:06 PM
RE: lose your faith in me [open] - by Isla - 02-02-2019, 08:35 PM
RE: lose your faith in me [open] - by Aedion - 02-02-2019, 08:53 PM