you know you’re nobody’s fool
Saartjie Kahare

Age: 30 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Nomadic
Level: 0 - Strg: 6 - Dext: 12 - Endr: 12 - Luck: 5 - Int: 0
Played by: ali Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Saartjie

Saar can't help the soft laugh that escapes her as Jata gestures to his syrup soaked pancakes. Its no surprise to her that they're totally drenched. "If you say so." She said then reached for the syrup and poured more over the top of hers. After taking a bite of the extra syrupy pancakes she had to admit that Sunjata was right -- the more syrup the better.

"I remember." Saar murmured quietly. It had been the best day of her life ... until it became the worst. Finally being able to escape from their father and go to a place where no one knew them had been liberating. Scary, but liberating. She had thought they'd been able to get out of Korofi without being noticed, but it had all just been a pipe dream. There was no escaping the man who wanted to use them for his own political games. He had never really viewed them as his children or loved them like a father should, but instead he used them as pawns for his political games. Anything he could do to keep the power he had or acquire more he did ... even if it meant marrying his children off to people they didn't even know.

"It's not your fault, you know." She said in the silence that stretched between them. "We were outnumbered. You couldn't fight everyone." Not without getting himself hurt or even killed and if that had happened she wouldn't have been able to live with the guilt and pain. "I don't ... it doesn't matter to me that I got caught and taken back. The only thing I cared about was that you escaped and got away, because ... if you didn't they would have killed you." It was said quietly, but there was pain in her tone at just the idea of her brother being executed. She'd witnessed her mother's death, she didn't want to witness her brother's as well.

As Sunjata spoke again, Saar nodded. Yes, she had him and their father was gone -- back in Korofi with no idea where they were and probably looking for them still. The color drained from her face and she looked impossibly pale when he revealed that their father had been there. Even when he said that he had killed the horrible man her heart hammered against her chest. Her pale eyes lifted to the scar on Sunjata's face and she pushed herself back from the small table and rose from her chair. "He did that." She said as she moved closer to him. She reached for him, her hands cradling his face as she turned his head to get a better look at it.

It was a small comfort knowing that they would never have to worry about facing their father again, but it was scary to know that he had found Sunjata. "Good." She finally said as she released Jata and crossed her arms against her chest. "He deserved worse than he got." After what he had done to their mother ... to them. The world was better without him in it.

"They were still looking for you in Korofi." She just hadn't thought that their father had found him. Thinking back, she couldn't remember the last time she had seen him, but she had done everything she could to avoid seeing him. "Gaal was hell bent on finding you."
but close my eyes for a while
and force from the world a patient smile

Messages In This Thread
you know you’re nobody’s fool - by Sunjata - 04-24-2021, 11:25 PM
RE: you know you’re nobody’s fool - by Saartjie - 04-25-2021, 05:45 AM