you know you’re nobody’s fool
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 15 - Strg: 76 - Dext: 73 - Endr: 75 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
PETRONELLA - Mythical - Sea Panther
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 6492
SuNjATA
the flood
I never said that.” Sunjata replies swiftly, his gaze snapping over to his sister with a raise of his dark brow. “Never did I say that or think that.” The only reason he wouldn’t have agreed was given how dangerous it was. But she was here and safe now. She did what she had to do to survive, just as he had to do what he had to do to survive. But he lets her explain, regardless, watching her and nodding as she comments the similar thoughts that have ran through his head day and night.

Truthfully, he can’t imagine their father as a grandfather – how horrible of an upbringing that would be. It would either be Shaju attempting to make another small soldier or simply casting them off as useless, born of bad blood. “I want that too, Saar.” He says gently. All he’d ever wanted was to give Kamaria the kind of life he never had. The kind of life she deserved. And when Saar mentions that she did what she had to do, it resonates with him too. “I know you did.

He squeezes her shoulders and listens as she speaks of Gazali, though, huffing a sigh of annoyance at the mention of becoming some sort of double spy – as if Lusea hadn’t held his heart in her grip for years. As if the child of fire for the rebellion still didn’t hold a place in his heart. Something Nate had understood and had never begrudged him for. He still had her lantern here in the house – something Nate had saved from the last house fire.

And there was still the bar back in the Grounds, the VlamVloed, named for both her and him.

The low hum slips from his throat as she continues, though, before he launches into his explanation of what it was like to be married to someone that you loved. Someone you’d be willing to do anything for, even if it seemed questionable at first. Sunjata’s always been a man who often paved the way to hell with good intentions… At least, he’d tried to be. “Thanks, Saar.” He murmurs gently, a small boyish smile given his sister’s way.

But then he can’t help but to brag and boast a bit over the braiding skills he possessed only because of the woman sat beside him, until his thoughts pull him away and she catches onto that quite quickly too.

He pauses to chew on the inside of his ruined cheek, the muscles feathering in his jaw. “I was… Terrified. About having children. I’ve been married twice, actually. The first one was… A lot like a Korofi wedding in terms of my terms but not hers. We… Almost had a child. She miscarried it, though. I was so relieved.” He sighs, leaning his head back against the wall to close his eyes. “And I’ve been so scared of having them because I thought… Maybe, I’d become just like him.” His eyes open and he stares at the ceiling. “And with Kamaria, when Safrin brought her to my door and told me to come meet her, it was like – like she was the only thing that mattered. I see myself in her and all I want to do is protect her and be a good person for her. I can’t… Understand why Father didn’t see that. Why he couldn’t see that, that he didn't want to protect us.
if i let go, would you hold on?
would we fly?
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Sunjata, without killing him <3
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.

Messages In This Thread
you know you’re nobody’s fool - by Sunjata - 04-24-2021, 11:25 PM
RE: you know you’re nobody’s fool - by Sunjata - 04-28-2021, 06:00 AM