take a bow for the decisions we made
for Wessex
Bastien De Rosieres
the Dionysian
Ambassador for the Hollowed Grounds / Artist

Age: 41 | Height: 6' 2" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 22 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 10 - Int:
PITTORE - Mythical - Gremlin (Disappearance)
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
BASTIEN

"I doubt Nate will want to leave his beach paradise. Isla, though...she has a good head on her shoulders." Bastien nodded; he'd liked the woman the times he'd met her, though he hadn't been assessing her for suitability as a leader. "Do you think she has any desire to do this kind of work?"

As for working with Wessex...he didn't say anything, but Bastien privately felt a partnership between the two of them might be something of a disaster. Besides, the whole reason he was standing up for the position was because Wessex wanted to leave and explore.

Her cold, quiet certainty about the war chilled him more than anything else he'd heard of it, because he realised she was right. Everything else he'd been able to chalk up to pessimism or a desire for conflict, people projecting their own fears or prejudices onto the world...but Wessex was smart and observant and something about the calm confidence she spoke with sent a shiver down Bastien's spine. "...Then I will change my promise. When the war comes, I will never abandon the people here. I will do my best for them." The words felt foreign in his lax artists mouth but Bastien meant them, his eyes meeting Wessex's.
Still my heart is heavy
With the hate of some other man's beliefs

Messages In This Thread
take a bow for the decisions we made - by Bastien - 04-26-2021, 08:43 PM
RE: take a bow for the decisions we made - by Bastien - 05-10-2021, 08:15 PM