what a pleasant surprise
for Nate <3
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Age: 27 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 10 - Strg: 35 - Dext: 37 - Endr: 43 - Luck: 37 - Int: 1
AIDON - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Artio Offline
Change author:
MP: 877
Maeve

It shouldn't hurt, but it does. The comment cutting deep and her lips press into a thin line, a flash of hurt in her eyes as her gaze drops. The need to defend herself and their relationship flares in her belly, hot and angry at Nate for daring to belittle her so much. Sunjata is her friend. That's how it all started. Nate left and she was here for him. Maeve bites her tongue, not saying a word. She's not going to give him the satisfaction.

"Well when our primary doctor isn't anywhere to be found.." She mutters, tilting her chin up defiantly as she holds his gaze, jaw feathering with her irritation. "You didn't have to. It was pretty fucking clear from the beginning. Don't take my word for it, though. Ask Adam or Samuel or anyone else for that fucking matter." Maeve snaps back and if she had fangs, she would bare them at him just like he's close to doing himself.

It might have been a rational request and on any other day, Maeve likely wouldn't care so much. She probably would just accept it and move on. Except she's got no where else to go really and he seems more than willing to throw that back in her face. She growls, reaching up to push his finger out of her face.

"Does it fucking matter, Nate? Not my fault that you decided to leave." Maeve hisses back, spitting the words with venom, "If you have a fucking problem with what happened, take it up with your husband. He was the one who wanted me around. I helped take care of Kamaria and kept him together because you fucking left."

She shakes her head, taking a step back as she draws in a sharp breath, "I did prep. I did what I could. It isn't my fault that the monsoons were too much." The guilt is almost too much to handle, making her throat tight and threatening tears. It isn't her fault. She tried. She really did, but there wasn't anything to be done. Maeve turns her back to him, making her way back down the path, "So glad your home, Nate. Try not to fuck it up." She tosses back over her shoulder, intent on putting as much distance between him and her as possible.
Long nights, daydreams
Sugar and smoke rings, I've been a fool
But strawberries and cigarettes always taste like you

Messages In This Thread
what a pleasant surprise - by Maeve - 05-07-2021, 06:33 PM
RE: what a pleasant surprise - by Nate - 05-08-2021, 02:18 AM
RE: what a pleasant surprise - by Maeve - 05-08-2021, 02:45 AM
RE: what a pleasant surprise - by Nate - 05-09-2021, 08:15 AM
RE: what a pleasant surprise - by Maeve - 05-09-2021, 02:10 PM
RE: what a pleasant surprise - by Nate - 05-09-2021, 10:18 PM
RE: what a pleasant surprise - by Maeve - 05-10-2021, 02:52 AM
RE: what a pleasant surprise - by Nate - 05-10-2021, 06:48 AM