what a pleasant surprise
for Nate <3
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Age: 37 | Height: 6'1" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 55 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 50 - Luck: 46 - Int: 1
PEMOTA - Mythical - Starwhale (narwhal) RAMOTH - Mythical - Dragon (Biopulse)
Played by: Johnnie Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
NATE

That flash of weakness, of hurt and anger has the smirk on Nate’s face stretching so wide and sharp it’s not even really a grin anymore. It’s arrogance, it’s self assurance, it’s irritation that he’s still being needled like this. ”So I’m it, huh? Torchline is fuckin’ helpless without we me? No one else here knows shit about medicine?” Nate snorts, rolling his eye.

He stubbornly refuses to shift away from her gaze, locking his own single unblinking eye in her in a contest, of sorts. ”Fucking forgive me for being suspicious of the place full of people who want me dead.” Maybe in another situation, the names of two people he considered friends would have meant something, but right now it simply sparks more of a snarl, Nate unable to keep the note of sneering condescension out of his voice. ”People lie, you should know that by now. And I don’t trust weird little girls that show up on my doorstep.”

”You don’t have any fucking right to come in here acting like what, I’m to blame for you assuming you’re hot shit here?” This was his home, regardless of where or why he’d left. ”And? You weren’t my replacement, you were a fucking placeholder, and that place is gone now.” He leans out of the door now, all threat and bared teeth. ”He doesn’t need you anymore.”

Nate half threatens to follow her out the door as she backs up, but he stops himself, not leaving the threshold of the door. ”You did what you could, huh? You telling me that, or yourself?” Shes made it too easy now, to poke and rip where she’d tried to stick her own fingers in. People never could stand when the mirror turns back on them, could they?

That sharp grin returns to his lips once Maeve’s back is to him, his accent dragging over his words harshly. ”Keep my fucking name outta your mouth, and don’t come back.” He shouts after her, slamming the door so hard the new pane rattles, threatening to crack. It doesn’t though, not like after his talk with Ronin, so how’s that for self control, eh?

Done~
Sleepin', you're on your tippy toes
Creepin' around like no one knows

Messages In This Thread
what a pleasant surprise - by Maeve - 05-07-2021, 06:33 PM
RE: what a pleasant surprise - by Nate - 05-08-2021, 02:18 AM
RE: what a pleasant surprise - by Maeve - 05-08-2021, 02:45 AM
RE: what a pleasant surprise - by Nate - 05-09-2021, 08:15 AM
RE: what a pleasant surprise - by Maeve - 05-09-2021, 02:10 PM
RE: what a pleasant surprise - by Nate - 05-09-2021, 10:18 PM
RE: what a pleasant surprise - by Maeve - 05-10-2021, 02:52 AM
RE: what a pleasant surprise - by Nate - 05-10-2021, 06:48 AM