you're the only one who seems to care
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Age: 27 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 10 - Strg: 35 - Dext: 37 - Endr: 43 - Luck: 37 - Int: 1
AIDON - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Artio Offline
Change author:
MP: 877
Maeve

He's not the only one who doesn't recognize their partner at first. Her brows knit together as she blinks the spots from her vision, trying hard to focus on Locke as he approaches. Maeve wants to give him a smile. She wants to light up for him. She wants to do more than draw in a shaky breath and grimace, but that's all she manages as he sits down next to her. She looks over at him with red rimmed eyes and his question hits her like a punch in the gut. A sharp breath hisses through her teeth before she swallows thickly, attempting to get rid of the lump in her throat with little success. "Not really." She mumbles, fingers tightening on the bottle in her hand like it's her only life line.

Except he's here now. Maeve leans into his side without a second thought. He's warm and steady, smelling of sun and sand as her head drops against his shoulder. "I went to Jata's... Ran into Nate." His name is like ash on her tongue and she spits it out, hating the way just thinking it makes her stomach twist sharply and she thinks she might be sick. Actually sick. She can't manage to say more than that. Not about what he said to her. "I, uhm, I need a place to stay. Not.. not really welcome there."
I'm undone about to burst at my seams
'Cause I am picturing you beside me
So let me be everything that you need

Messages In This Thread
you're the only one who seems to care - by Maeve - 05-12-2021, 12:42 AM
RE: you're the only one who seems to care - by Maeve - 05-12-2021, 02:07 AM