you're the only one who seems to care
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Age: 27 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 10 - Strg: 35 - Dext: 37 - Endr: 43 - Luck: 37 - Int: 1
AIDON - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Artio Offline
Change author:
MP: 877
Maeve

She hasn’t even managed to get her feet under her, still trying to push herself up when his eyes pin her into place like a butterfly caught under glass. There is a fire burning behind that gaze that she’s never seen before and certainly not directed at her. Her lips part to respond with words that quickly die on her tongue because he’s suddenly above her, pushing her down into the sand, crowding her space until he has her caged. His words caress across her skin, trailing like fingertips over her flesh until they seize her heart, causing it to beat rapidly, breath catching in her throat. Hazy eyes stare up at him, wide with surprise as her tongue seems to stick to the roof of her mouth, too thick for her to speak as she holds his gaze.  

The urge to look away is overwhelming. Even as tears slip down her cheeks, wetting the hair at her temples and catching in the sand that pillows her head. There is something between a sob and a protest caught in her throat, trying to claw its way up and out. She wants to tell him that he’s wrong, but he’s not. Locke saw right through her, stripping away her pretty words and leaving her with nothing but the truth. He had from the beginning. You can’t bullshit a bullshitter. Maeve’s eyes squeeze shut, a shuddering breath pushing past her lips as his skim across hers. It isn’t a kiss. She’s gotten enough of them from him at this point to know it’s not even close.

There it is. All laid out. He wants her and he’s made his demands. It shouldn’t have taken this to pull her from her head and make her see what she was going to lose. This harsh wake up call that’s filled with venom and frustration. She doesn’t blame him for it either. She deserves it. This vitriol he spits in her face, demanding answers. Demanding a choice.

Icy green eyes flash open and she sees him properly for the first time she thinks as he leans over her, filled with righteous fury at being overlooked by her. He frees her wrists and she doesn’t move, frozen in place as her chest heaves, holding his gaze with red rimmed eyes. With limbs that feel like they’re stuck in tar, struggling to move through the space that separates them, she reaches for him. Sandy fingertips slip along his cheeks, palms cupping his face as she tugs him back down to her, rising to meet him. Their lips crash in a kiss that isn’t at all gentle. There is nothing sweet about this as she desperately tries to convey the feeling his words have evoked. As she tries to show him her answer. It’s all teeth and tongue. Harsh breaths pushing out of her nose as she tastes him. Anger and booze sharp on her tongue until it’s the only thing that’s there, highlighted by the salt of her remorse.

When she can’t bear it anymore, when it feels she might pass out from the lack of breath, she pulls away from him without daring to let him go. ”You. I choose you.”
I'm undone about to burst at my seams
'Cause I am picturing you beside me
So let me be everything that you need

Messages In This Thread
you're the only one who seems to care - by Maeve - 05-12-2021, 12:42 AM
RE: you're the only one who seems to care - by Maeve - 05-12-2021, 03:26 PM