you give me meaning, something I can breathe in
Hotaru Kaito
the Valkyrie
Masseuse / Headmistress

Age: 33 | Height: 5'2 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 4 - Strg: 40 - Dext: 40 - Endr: 57 - Luck: 40 - Int:
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 9347
"Fur on your clothes? What present can a luxere even give?" Torn between amusement and genuine curiosity at the notion. She doesn't bother calling out his silence when she brings up Wessex, it's far too normal for him, though she appreciates him biting his tongue all the same. There are few emotions she is allowing herself to feel beyond the haze of drunkenness, and whatever it is she feels for the Wraith isn't allowed tonight.

Instead there is laughter that spills free at the hilarious image her best friend makes as his hair stands on end, trying in vain to reign in a magic that has lived in her veins for nearly all of her life. This is precisely why she doesn't drink past being tipsy you see, and it's merely further proof of her lack of familiarity with the sensation.

Stumbling out into the night air with a grateful look thrown at Deimos - that ends up aimed more at the door in her swaying state - Hotaru charges straight for the beach. If it can be called a charge at all with her diminutive size and wandering path. The call of the ocean waves is like a siren's song, but what it is she seeks is till beyond her. "Who is to say my lightning cannot do more than destroy?" she waxes philosophical, Deimos' words already forgotten at the door. "I've used it in my spa, I've lit fires and even made my lovers orgasm with it. That not good enough for the prudes of Caido?" She throws her shoes down into the sand and rips her coat off to have it join them, something writhing and horrible in the pit of her stomach that she can't even fully understand. All Hotaru knows is that her breaths come quicker, grip on her magic slipping more by the second as it crests and swells inside her stomach, stealing away any empty space inside.

Lifting her hands, though there is no reason to do so, she pulls on the clouds overhead and calls lightning down to strike the sand in a huge blast of light and heat that leaves a crater in the beach. Fearless, she stalks down towards it, gesturing with a flailing arm as she spins and trips backwards to steady herself, hoping to find Deimos in the dark of dusk to point out the branching glass that has formed from the impact. "See? Creation!"
Feel the fear and swallow back the tears
Let weakness disappear, there's nobody but me here
Hotaru has a passive magic that makes her glow with an internal golden light; it makes her appear youthful and her hair seems to look like moving sunlight. Can only subtly illuminate dark spaces.

Messages In This Thread
RE: you give me meaning, something I can breathe in - by Hotaru - 05-16-2021, 12:16 AM