you give me meaning, something I can breathe in
Hotaru Kaito
the Valkyrie
Masseuse / Headmistress

Age: 33 | Height: 5'2 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 4 - Strg: 40 - Dext: 40 - Endr: 57 - Luck: 40 - Int:
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 9347
A trail of endeared laughter draws him onward, better memories driving her onward even if the light of their recollections is only a mere flicker of a candle’s flame. Soon blown out in the wake of her presiding storms, the source of which seems beyond her despite it brewing inside her own skin. It is easier to release it than to let it fester. Hotaru has always felt so strongly. Nothing ever done by halves and partial measures. Born intrinsically gifted for such elemental might, she had raised herself in primordial expressions, and tonight is no exception. The mighty bang of noise feels like a hammer striking steel inside her sternum, bones vibrating in an echo of sensation. Each breath feels wild, a puff of exertion she can’t control. The alcohol makes everything both easier and harder somehow. Harder to control herself, but easier to feel and face. To come to terms with everything she’d hidden away from her own perceptive eyes.

The waves come closer upon the shore, and Hotaru turns to stare at the display of similar might from Deimos’ hands. It is beautiful in the moonlight. She hates it. And maybe her magic really is dark, because hers had been beautiful in her own eyes, but the noise and damage still scared away the hels and gathered night-goers. They didn’t appreciate it the same way she did, and yet the beauty of the ocean drew them instead. It hurts in a way she can’t understand, parallels and comparisons suddenly stark before her eyes in a way she can ignore no longer. As if sensing it, Deimos’ words reach her in the dark, and Hotaru’s next inhale sounds wounded even to her own ears.

“I may be dark. I may be a monster. But I’m...I’m not unworthy of love. Of respect.” Her hands shake, and a smaller vein of lightning plunged into the typhoon he has created, setting the water alight in an eerie glow as a voluptuous spray crests unnaturally over the waves. All at once her face twists, hideous and angry, and the bubbling fury inside erupts in a senseless scream as lightning is called down all around the beach, sand and water erupting everywhere. “I hate them! I hate them! I gave them everything! Grabbing the closest piece of glass, she hurls it into the ocean, and the next one she hunts down is shattered and crushed in the grip of her hand. The cuts it causes are ignored, the remains thrown into the ocean as well as she wildly hunts for something else to ruin. “I forgave them, and they took it and forgot me as thanks! FUCK!” Her hair stands on end as static explodes from her body, needing some sort of outlet that none of this is supplying. Whirling, she turns her bared teeth towards Deimos, and drowns in the anger she had told herself she wasn’t allowed to feel.

“They get to live their lives like nothing ever changed, moving on and happy, while I’m dying! Like they didn’t destroy me and every promise they ever made!” For once the tears are merely a byproduct of her rage, and not an expression of her grief. “It wasn’t my fault!” Thunder roils to accent the words, and she is left panting and wild in the wake of it, stunned into silence as if she has finally found the words she had been searching for all this time.
Feel the fear and swallow back the tears
Let weakness disappear, there's nobody but me here
Hotaru has a passive magic that makes her glow with an internal golden light; it makes her appear youthful and her hair seems to look like moving sunlight. Can only subtly illuminate dark spaces.

Messages In This Thread
RE: you give me meaning, something I can breathe in - by Hotaru - 05-16-2021, 12:59 AM