Dear Maeve
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Age: 27 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 10 - Strg: 35 - Dext: 37 - Endr: 43 - Luck: 37 - Int: 1
AIDON - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Artio Offline
Change author:
MP: 877
I would fall from grace just to touch your face
Dear Seren,

There is no need to apologize. I know that things have been hectic. I wish I could have done more for your hands, but I'm glad to hear that you're healed now. I can say that I haven't done well myself. There were many restless nights afterwards. Between trying to continue the work on the Halenani and dealing with the aftermath if the fire, I've barely had a moment of rest it feels like. Aurelia came to question me about the events of that night. I told her what I knew which wasn't much, but I did.

I don't know to be honest with you, Seren. I don't know that she would even talk to me if I wrote her. I'm expecting at least one final letter and I can try to ask her then, but we might have to handle this ourselves. I can keep his horn if she ever decides that she wants it I can give it to her then, but otherwise, it might be best if we were to bury him properly.

All I can hope for is to have a bond with a companion as you do. Days are lonely at times. I've never experienced that kind of connection before, but it's something I long for. I'm so glad that you have him now. Not only for the companionship, but the added protection. I worry for you. It isn't that I don't think you capable of taking care of yourself, but it eases me to know that there is something else that is keeping an eye on you too.

The life of a Dragoon is a commitment that some can't truly make. Not because they don't have to heart for protecting others, but because the rigidity they conduct themselves with. There is no room for questioning whether something is truly right. You're discouraged from  having our own thoughts and opinions on whether or not you should be doing the things you're doing. There isn't anything wrong with not fitting into that mold. I don't think your mother truly wants you to fit into a mold, Seren. You were born from the stars and to think that you're going to potentially limit yourself to one thing in life is heartbreaking. I wish the world for you as your friend. Hopefully your best friend. Don't limit yourself, little star. Become a cartographer, learn to sail, chart the stars... Do it all.

How exciting to hear that you're planning a trip with your father. I hope that all the preparations go smoothly and that you find whatever it is you're looking for. I'm sure the story you have to tell will be worth the wait. Hopefully by the time you get back I will have finished the construction of the Halenani and you will be able to stay with me.

The construction is going well. We're getting closer and I think we will be fully rebuilt by the end of the season. That's my hope, at least. As for Locke, I will tell him whenever I return home. He also got hurt that night and cut up his hands pretty badly. There was another fire set at the Wren Society. He broke through a window trying to get to some of my girls who were inside recovering. Thankfully no one was hurt badly, but he's still recovering too.

I'm currently in the Grounds completing a few errands. If you manage to find yourself in the next few days, I'd love to see you.

Your friend,
Maeve Ansel
Maeve

Messages In This Thread
Dear Maeve - by Seren - 05-19-2021, 01:43 PM
RE: Dear Maeve - by Maeve - 05-19-2021, 04:10 PM
RE: Dear Maeve - by Seren - 06-03-2021, 06:43 PM
RE: Dear Maeve - by Maeve - 06-04-2021, 11:24 PM