Little accidents
Seren Taliesin

Age: 25 | Height: 5'7 in (170cm) | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 3 - Strg: 16 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 30 - Luck: 16 - Int:
UMBRA - Mythical - Dragon (fire breath)
Played by: Chan Offline
Change author:
MP: 2197
Hey, starchild, are you listening?
In theory, Seren as a babysitter was a safe option. It did beg the question of how much, and what kind of tales her father had told Tobi of her, though. Between sudden levitation, spontaneous disappearances and chatting up strangers, it was safe to say that she was no shining example of obedience... but it would probably be fine. The bright smile indicated that she would take on any task with high spirits and great enthusiasm, and perhaps that was good enough to start with.

Humming thoughtfully, Seren looked back at her arm. "Since it's an option... no scar," she decided, then chuckled softly. "I think I prefer ones with better stories behind them. 'Oops, my dragon sat on me' doesn't exactly inspire awe, or what do you say?" Some people collected scars like others did shoes or vintage wine, but Seren felt no need to record the events of her life on the skin. Not yet. Perhaps later, as she grew older and the memory began to grow hazy...

For one unaccustomed to airing her views on such matters, the doctor did a very good job. Seren found herself nodding along as Tobi elaborated. "That is a good analogy," she smiled. "It's really about perspective, isn't it? What relation you have to the gods, and what you want them to be, and thus how you wish for them to be. For your kind, helpful parent to say 'no, these people cannot exist' comes off as terrible and cruel. Yet if they are simply gardeners, then you would expect nothing else but for them to remove the 'weeds'." A slight frown tugged at her eyebrows as she mulled over the concept. Where did that place her, and other demigods? Was she a favorite flower, planted and nurtured to one day flower into some hidden potential? Or was she more of a gardening tool? There to serve a purpose..? It might depend on the god, she realized. And Safrin being her actual mother did complicate the matter somewhat, at least to Seren.

"Thank you for talking to me about this," she said, and looked up at the doctor. "You didn't have to, but it helps a lot."
Seren
Starlight (Passive) | Starfilled night billow around her like a veil as she moves. It is more noticeable in daytime and when she make sudden movements.

Messages In This Thread
Little accidents - by Seren - 05-23-2021, 09:45 PM
RE: Little accidents - by October - 05-23-2021, 10:42 PM
RE: Little accidents - by Seren - 05-23-2021, 11:16 PM
RE: Little accidents - by October - 05-24-2021, 01:59 AM
RE: Little accidents - by Seren - 05-24-2021, 03:05 AM
RE: Little accidents - by October - 05-24-2021, 03:17 AM
RE: Little accidents - by Seren - 05-24-2021, 03:48 AM
RE: Little accidents - by October - 05-29-2021, 05:20 PM
RE: Little accidents - by Seren - 05-30-2021, 07:42 AM
RE: Little accidents - by October - 05-30-2021, 03:35 PM
RE: Little accidents - by Seren - 05-30-2021, 06:51 PM