hold on till morning
Hotaru Kaito
the Valkyrie
Masseuse / Headmistress

Age: 33 | Height: 5'2 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 4 - Strg: 40 - Dext: 40 - Endr: 57 - Luck: 40 - Int:
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 9347
The skies are black with lead-filled rain
a morbid painting on display
A soft, regretful sound leaves her throat as she lifts a hand to cup Maeve's cheek gently with hands that are still stained with soot despite how many times she'd washed them in the ocean's waves. "Atlas himself may have been recognized. And this is not the end, Maeve. The plans I have, what I've sworn...though they may take me elsewhere, they will not be any less dangerous." It will surely do little to comfort the younger woman, to ease the burn of Hotaru's cutting of their threads, but she won't leave the Madame wondering either. "I may have hoped, for us..." she trails off, shaking her head slightly and letting her hand drop from Maeve's cheek, leaving only their connected hands. "But I can't drag you into my world. It is one you wouldn't survive in for long." Especially with the war approaching, upping the stakes on both sides. Hotaru will be fighting a war on two sides if her identity is discovered, and Maeve is scarcely built for war at all.

"I don't get to decide it for you. But I can decide, as someone who cares for you, that I'd rather see you sad than dead. And I can make the choice to remove myself, as someone who would invite that fate." A soft sigh leaves her, regretful that she must do this at all. This is a tie that must be broken, ends frayed and burned. All that has happened since the fire has only proven to Hotaru that love is something she cannot keep wishing for and trying to obtain. Happy endings were never written into her story, and she does not have the power to change the ending. "I need you safe, Maeve. And I won't have you waiting on me by saying maybe in the future, if this ends well. I need you to move on." Unaware that in a way, the woman already has. If she knew, she would likely be torn between hurt and relief; at least Locke would be around to love Maeve in the aftermath of Hotaru's leaving.
This is the night that young love died
Buried at each others sides
Hotaru has a passive magic that makes her glow with an internal golden light; it makes her appear youthful and her hair seems to look like moving sunlight. Can only subtly illuminate dark spaces.

Messages In This Thread
hold on till morning - by Hotaru - 05-23-2021, 11:41 PM
RE: hold on till morning - by Maeve - 05-23-2021, 11:56 PM
RE: hold on till morning - by Hotaru - 05-24-2021, 01:23 AM
RE: hold on till morning - by Maeve - 05-24-2021, 01:42 AM
RE: hold on till morning - by Hotaru - 05-24-2021, 01:55 AM
RE: hold on till morning - by Maeve - 05-24-2021, 02:22 AM
RE: hold on till morning - by Hotaru - 05-26-2021, 11:54 PM
RE: hold on till morning - by Maeve - 05-28-2021, 03:43 PM
RE: hold on till morning - by Hotaru - 05-31-2021, 09:56 PM
RE: hold on till morning - by Maeve - 05-31-2021, 11:07 PM
RE: hold on till morning - by Hotaru - 05-31-2021, 11:36 PM